A place for something good to say?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't know about anyone else here, but I feel like there is so much criticism in this section about outfits, hair, weight, camel toe, plastic surgery, makeup, blah, blah, blah. Frankly I'm tired of so much negativity. Even the threads started about various people because they are generally liked wind up having so many negative comments..... I like to come here to see some of the actors/artists that I enjoy, those that provide us the entertainment we enjoy and appreciate, not to see people constantly picked on. I understand that's not the only reason for this section, but I'm just saying what I come here for, maybe some of you feel the same..... Can we have a place to post only nice pictures and comments about the people we enjoy in the entertainment world maybe? :smile:

2. With a forum with so many people, you are going to have comments of all kinds. I don't think there will ever be just one thread with only nice comments, IICBH. I know if I read comments I don't like, sometimes I'll comment, but most of the time I just ignore them. But I understand where you are coming from.

3. I hear ya, just thought I'd throw it out there though : ) kinda how we have the celebs wearing desingers in the purse section, pretty much always post various celebs with bags we like and positive things to say and it's fun to see all different people with positive comments, so I was wondering if we could do something similar in the actual celebrity section.... shot in the dark I suppose....

4. Well, I guess one can hope. LOL. But thats really just up to everyone who will read this thread... guess we will see...

5. OMG Lola you hit the nail on the head. I have gotten soooo disgruntled coming in here cos there is sooo much negativity. Its a wonder majority of women everywhere have disorders with body, looks, etc is because people have such nastiness to say. I cant take it.
    TBH, if i come in to certain threads i look straight at pics and dont comment. very rarely. i just dont have the energy.

6. Great idea!
    I hope it picks up!! :smile:

7. Queen Latifah was on Letterman last night and looked gorgeous! Love her!

8. I think it's a neat idea to want to start something a little more positive. However, I'm not sure why you would continue to visit this section if you are tired of the negativity? The celeb section is filled with all kinds of opinions, discussions, observations, including positive AND negative. I welcome all of these and that's why I choose to post here.

9. That is definitely a happy comment! :smile: I love her too, and ITA that she is a beautiful woman. Her skin is amazing!

10. Queen Latifah visits the "Late Show With David Letterman"(July 8th)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Why not designate this thread? ;)

12. WOW, she does look amazing, funny you bring her up, I've never been so much of a follower of her work though I've thoroughly enjoyed everything I've seen her in. But I must say, every time I see her in an ad or a movie I just think she's gorgeous! Good choice!

13. #13 Jul 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
    Well, I don't think I should have to expect SO much negativity, I come here to see some fun stuff going on with the entertainers I like instead of going to the websites that thoroughly rag on them KWIM. I KNOW where I can find the sites by the people I don't like saying horrible things about various celebs, I just expect more from tpf, I've been a member here for 3 years and frequented the purse blog prior to that..... I have come across many amazing people here, I guess I just expect more kindness coming here rather than other places....I don't think that's too much to ask for : ) We are all certainly entitled to our opinions and don't have to like every outfit, hairstyle, nail color etc., it's healthy to express an opinion but sometimes people just look for something wrong and run with it..... none of us are perfect, celebs included.

14. I think this is a good idea, Lola :smile: Most of these threads I just don't open anymore. And it's b/c of the negativity. I understand everyone will have their own opinion and should be able to share it. I choose not to read it ;) There is enough negativity in the world.
    I come here to see cool outfits and great makeup....whatever. I really don't care if LC gained an ounce. lol

Queen has the best skin!!^^

15. Thanks Tracy!:smile::smile: I'm really excited that I'm seeing some response!! I was feeling the same way as you (and not just here, but in a lot of things in life lately) I like to come here but I started feeling like practically everything I opened was negative, I'll glance at pictures and not read much about what people have to say so I thought it would be nice to open a thread that we know will have good stuff to say..... Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but there IS enough negativity in the world and frankly I'm tired of it and trying to purge it out of my life as much as I can ; )