A new thread for renewed RM love including OS bags!

A little update on this, since this bag brought me back here. I went to Michael's craft store and bought a bag of multiple size rivets to try to replace the missing one on the back. Sadly, while the do snap in, the posts are way too long so it sticks out. I'm going to return them.

I might have to just see if I can find a cobbler in my area, as someone had suggested.

Also, I did buy a cheap strap to hook on because I'm a slave to needing a strap on my bags.
20220523_163551.jpg20220523_163537.jpg

A little update on this, since this bag brought me back here. I went to Michael's craft store and bought a bag of multiple size rivets to try to replace the missing one on the back. Sadly, while the do snap in, the posts are way too long so it sticks out. I'm going to return them.

I might have to just see if I can find a cobbler in my area, as someone had suggested.

Also, I did buy a cheap strap to hook on because I'm a slave to needing a strap on my bags.
View attachment 5410835View attachment 5410836
Love the strap though!

View attachment 5410835View attachment 5410836
hopefully you can get a cobbler to do it but in case you aren't successful, if you can measure the stem of one of the rivets, you should be able to shop for a replacement online - Amazon or ebay.

Reactions: OhHelloDoll
hopefully you can get a cobbler to do it but in case you aren't successful, if you can measure the stem of one of the rivets, you should be able to shop for a replacement online - Amazon or ebay.
That’s actually a good idea! That will save me the headache of continually buying the wrong thing. I’m not so sure how easy cobblers are to come by these days!

That’s actually a good idea! That will save me the headache of continually buying the wrong thing. I’m not so sure how easy cobblers are to come by these days!
If there's a specialty/independent shoe store near you, they might be able to give a rec! I found mine through a family friend, but I know someone who works at a family owned shoe store in my region and they had a couple recommended shoe/leather repair places they referred clients to.