A miracle - clemence leather and a heavy tumble

Eglofstein

Aug 3, 2006
Today something astonishing happened: after making my purchases for the household I went windowshopping. Suddenly - I don't know the reason - I stumpled and felt down very hard. My double sens in clemence, full of things, dropped down to the street with high speed too. In german you say: "in hohem Bogen". I've got some really aching blessures on my finger, my knee and my chest. Of course my first thought was "heaven, my bag!!!" But: no scratch, no sign, no blessure - I couldn't believe it. The leather is just like new.
That comforted me quite a lot and is the truest evidence of the quality of that leather/bag.

I'm so glad your bag ended up unscathed (I always think of my things first when I fall down, too!), but I'm sorry to hear you're a little banged up. At least it was nothing serious, but maybe you should treat yourself to a little H as compensation for your injuries now that you know how durable it is. :angel:

I hope you feel better soon! :heart:

So sorry you had a bad fall and hope you are not to badly injured and will feel better soon, especially since your lovely H bag survived totally without a mark but thats the way we all would prefer it I think.

Don't you just love it when your possessions out perform your expectations!

Something similar happened running for an airport shuttle. My Evelyne skidded along the concrete and survived without a scrape. Love love clemence it's so durable.

Hope you are feeling much better now.

I did that I Paris last year with my Clemence Kelly . I was on the floor with one arm up high saving ms Kelly. Funny, I could care less about myself... I saved the bag! :lolots:
I hope you are ok!

Thank goodness both of you are ok. I do agree Clemence leather is very durable. My Clemence Picotin is my daily 'grab to go bag' and I used to treat it like a baby but over the mths, I've 'carelessly' tossed it around and H20 drops aso happened more than few times. 11/2 years later, when I checked the bag's leather- I still cannot find a single scratch/ abrasive marks/ staining especially the corners. It's totally worth buying this superb quality leather.

Glad you are ok. You can always replace a bag, but there is only one YOU, so rest up and feel better. I do think that H bags are miracle bags, indeed! They wear so well!

Today something astonishing happened: after making my purchases for the household I went windowshopping. Suddenly - I don't know the reason - I stumpled and felt down very hard. My double sens in clemence, full of things, dropped down to the street with high speed too. In german you say: "in hohem Bogen". I've got some really aching blessures on my finger, my knee and my chest. Of course my first thought was "heaven, my bag!!!" But: no scratch, no sign, no blessure - I couldn't believe it. The leather is just like new.
That comforted me quite a lot and is the truest evidence of the quality of that leather/bag.

Oh I do hope you are ok and will recover from the sore soon! I would totally worry about my bag first too!

I hope you suffered only bruises from the fall. That must have been a shock.
I smiled when reading your thought being "heaven, my bag!!!". Because whenever I fly with a designer bag, I wonder whether I would try to grab it with me if there were an emergency evacuation... Quite a silly thought, isn't it? But I think you and xiangxiang may understand me 😋

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you tumbled and got a few scrapes, wishing you a quick recovery!

I would have the same thought, "Nooo my bag!!". Thank goodness it is tougher than expected!