A medium boy or coco handle

Feb 16, 2016
Hi tpfs, I'm caught between buying coco handle or a boy bag as my first Chanel. Can i ask the rest of u who had coco handle, is the leather substantial material n the leather portion at the strap looks thin in pictures. Which bag would u girls recommend? Thank u!

I would prefer a boy for a first bag between the two! I feel like you can wear it casually and out for dinner dates/parties/girl's night out, and I've even seen people wear it to weddings..! I just loovveeee my boys hehe.

Hello [emoji4]
I bought my burgundy boy bag first then my medium red coco handle, I love both as they serve completely different purposes - and I was v lucky to get the boy before all the price increases.
Maybe go to the boutique and try them both out? Then you can see which suits your style better [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
Good luck in choosing and can't wait for a reveal [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]

Reactions: MahaM
Boy... I am not a fan of the coco handle at all. I also agree that the boy has potential to be used for various occasions including day to night. The coco handle seems less able to do this.

Reactions: Panchet
I have both and I think you should own a Boy first. It is my most used Chanel bag. I feel that Coco Handle is more formal-looking so the use is more limited.

Thanks for the replies so far I tried on a turquoise boy and a coco handle. The turquoise boy is nice but it didn't capture my heart the coco did. I'm more of a TOP handle n strap kind of girl and coco no matter what Colour I try in, black, blue, light blue Python, green, I can feel that skip in the heartbeat(am I even making sense) I will upload pictures of the boy and coco handle soonest.

Thanks for the replies so far I tried on a turquoise boy and a coco handle. The turquoise boy is nice but it didn't capture my heart the coco did. I'm more of a TOP handle n strap kind of girl and coco no matter what Colour I try in, black, blue, light blue Python, green, I can feel that skip in the heartbeat(am I even making sense) I will upload pictures of the boy and coco handle soonest.

Get the bag that makes your heart beat faster :heart: I just purchased my first coco handle and I absolutely love it. Its a beautiful bag :idea:

Guys, Thank you so much for your input. I decided I gravitate towards classy and elegance. Coco Handle speaks more ladylike and its rather me. Finally after waiting for some time, I decided to solidify my decision. I wished I could get a red but it wasn't available in my local boutique. Red in pictures show up with a strong orange tone but Im more of a dark red person. Hopefully, my decision is right. I am still thinking of owning a chevron style irridescence boy next time.

Reactions: MahaM