Workplace a job with more headaches but also more money-should i take it?

My first thought was "depends how badly you need the money." Calculate how much more you'd actually take home and then decide if it's worth it. If it's not a pretty significant raise it's often not worth the trade off of additional stress.

Have you considered asking for a raise at your current job? You could always say that you've been recruited/headhunted for another position and that you would like to stay in your current role, but the other one pays more (I wouldn't mention that you sought out the new job yourself). It is a bit of a "dirty trick", but if you've been at the job for awhile and doing a great job, you're probably due for a raise soon anyways.

Be careful with this. It can be very effective, but in my experience there are some serious "cons". Things to consider:

- It only works once.
- Best used when you have your boss/company "over a barrel" ie you're the only one who can do your job and it requires pretty significant training.
- If they say no, you have to be prepared to leave right away.
- If it works, your future with the company is probably very limited in terms of advancement.

thank you, ladies. I was leaning towards not taking it because the new salary is only $2000 more a year so i'm not sure that would be worth it.
Also, i was wondering-for anyone who already had a job and had to go to job interview? How do you deal with that? What i mean is, i work 8:30-5 so when i went to this interview, i had to tell my boss that i had doc's app because I had no idea how to get there otherwise. Most places are not willing to see you after hours(as i learned) so what to do?

thank you, ladies. I was leaning towards not taking it because the new salary is only $2000 more a year so i'm not sure that would be worth it.
Also, i was wondering-for anyone who already had a job and had to go to job interview? How do you deal with that? What i mean is, i work 8:30-5 so when i went to this interview, i had to tell my boss that i had doc's app because I had no idea how to get there otherwise. Most places are not willing to see you after hours(as i learned) so what to do?

I've always just said I have an appt, nothing more specific than that. If pressed I say that I need a few hours/day of personal time. They can't really say much about it if you take the time as PTO.

well, i told them, no thank you. I think i did the right thing-although not according to my MIL who thought i should have taken it because there were more opportunities for advancement than in my current job. She is not the one who will be working there, so i politely told her "thanks for the input"

you either say you have a doctor's appointment (and hopefully they don't press the issue) or you just ask to use some vacation/PTO time.

for me i used doctor appointments as an excuse. i use to say "i have an appointment" and my boss freaked out and thought i was going to another job interview (i wasn't) so now i just always say i have a doctor's appt. and that uses our sick time and i have lots of that! :smile: