A blast from the recent past?!...PLEASE JOIN IN to chat about discontinued lines!

I don't want to start a new thread LOL since I a shy reveal-er and don't often post in Coach so I'm bumping this cool old thread...I'm recently on a Coach binge and I finally scored my Coach HG Legacy Mandy in Black...I'm normally in the Hayden Harnett SF but I honestly have more Coach bags than HH and more HH clothing now...anyway. Enough about me, Here's Mandy (with an HH scarf)!

She is in excellent condition but missing the legacy medallion, (she just has a black hangtag) but I'll stalk ebay til I get one. :smile:

photo3.JPG

photo2.JPG

I don't want to start a new thread LOL since I a shy reveal-er and don't often post in Coach so I'm bumping this cool old thread...I'm recently on a Coach binge and I finally scored my Coach HG Legacy Mandy in Black...I'm normally in the Hayden Harnett SF but I honestly have more Coach bags than HH and more HH clothing now...anyway. Enough about me, Here's Mandy (with an HH scarf)!

She is in excellent condition but missing the legacy medallion, (she just has a black hangtag) but I'll stalk ebay til I get one. :smile:

photo3.JPG

photo2.JPG

Love :love: this purse.

I can't believe I didn't realize that this thread existed until it got bumped. Thanks for doing that!

I had never bought a Coach bag until 1998 when I got my beloved black station bag (which I still have and use). Fun fact: Costco in VA that same year had a Kirkland branded knockoff version of the station bag that is nearly identical (but a real Coachie will know it's not Coach). Yes, I bought it in British Tan and I do carry it now and again.

I remember drooling over the Gramercy and Madison lines when they premiered, but could not afford them, as they were priced a good $200 or more OVER the average Coach bag price at that time. But thanks to the Saks outlet and eBay, I was able to get the black Gramercy "kelly" bag, a black Gramercy zip satchel and a brown Madison "kelly" bag. Those were such beautifully constructed bags, made in Italy of textured Italian leather and the Gramercy bags were lined with sueded pigskin. *sigh*

I'm also a major collector of anniversary Legacy (i.e. pre-Garcia) bags, some of which were FP and others from the outlets. I bought the whiskey Ali right out of the Tysons Galleria window display on the day it was released. I walked into the Fair Oaks VA Coach one afternoon just to kill time and walked out with the black double pocket shoulder bag 15 minutes later (I still love to grope the leather on that one).

I snagged the whiskey Gigi at an unbelievably low price when someone had returned it to the Hagerstown outlet even though they were still going for fp in the boutiques. When I got it home, I noticed that the turnlocks were spinning, which is probably why it got returned, but the SAs obviously didn't notice that since it was not final sale (which meant I was able to send it to Coach and get it fixed for free. Woot!). In the next few years, I was able to snag the black Bridgit (original thick fabulous Legacy leather) at the Leesburg outlet and the holy grail purple Leigh on eBay. The last one I bought was the white hippie Ali a few years ago when they had a pile of them for no known reason in Leesburg.

Do I need all these bags? Hell, no. Am I sorry I bought them all? Again, hell no. You are my people and it is good to be among you. :smile:

I just picked up my first NYC coach bag at a thrift on Friday! Just got authenticated tonight, and going through the cleaning process now... so excited to have an older piece to my growing classic collection!

Reactions: VintageViv
Glad this thread got bumped. I had to thin my collection a bit recently, but am currently pondering the Citron legacy flap. Not sure though if it will be a practical color for me. I also want to get a rambler in EUC, but not sure about color. Maybe the lighter of the blue shades.

Do I need all these bags? Hell, no. Am I sorry I bought them all? Again, hell no. You are my people and it is good to be among you. :smile:

This.

Also regarding Made in NYC Coaches: I haven't found one yet in my yard sale shopping, but I did find a briefcase with a unique serial number without any letters in it in the ###-#### format, which per Hyacinth's Authenticity Questions guide puts its date of origin sometime in the mid-'70s to late-'80s. I've been cleaning 'er up, and will take and post new pics soon. She's my oldest Coach find to-date. :love:

The "before" pics are here: http://forum.purseblog.com/album.php?albumid=6865

Must. find. NYC. bag. At-a-thrift-store-or-a-yard-sale. :biggrin: