90cm Silk Price Increase?

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I couldn't find any info on this with the search engine, so here we go:

Full sized 90cm silk scarves on the website are still showing at $375. Yesterday, I was lucky enough to have hubby buy me a Quintessence. This morning, I pulled out the receipt and it was $380. What's up with that? I know the 70cm, twillys and gavroches went up, but why would there be different prices in the boutique vs. the website? I know it's only $5.00, but after tax, that made it over $400. Can you say "OUCH!" :Push:

I'm done buying scarves in the boutique now. I'm sticking to the secondary market!!

Yes there do seem to have been some discrepancies. I bought a plisse in Bond St London in January for £285 yet on the website when I got home they were still selling for £260 but this has been sorted out now!!

That's strange - and it's also strange to have the price increases staggered. The pochettes went up right after the new year and I hoped the silks 90 cm would stay the same.

I purchased a pochette and a 90 from the boutique a couple months ago. The 90 rang up at $380 and the pochette at $150 (I think) I had to bring the receipt back the next time I was in the area, which was a long time later and get the credit. For some reason, the registers were ringing incorrectly. The pochettes did go up a bit, but I can't remember. The 90s, no. Not yet, anyway. We started a collection of the fairy tale pochettes and the first one was at the old price and the later ones were at the new price. I want to say $130.
I just realized I called the computers "registers." How old does that make me!!!!
Judy

The exact same thing happened to me Prada. I bought a scarf in the boutique a few weeks ago (right after the price increase took effect) and was charged $380 and then discovered that the website still had it listed at $375.

Yes, it's only $5.00, but wouldn't you think they'd be consistent!