5'3"; size2; mid 40s...too tiny or old for a jpg?

It's very hard to tell until you have the bag actually on you. I am petite too -- about 5'3" and sometimes even smaller than size 2 and I rarely wear heels, yet I find that some things that are not supposed to work on someone with my specs can work on me because of the way I carry my weight or different proportions (I am short waisted and have relatively long legs). It also depends on what you are wearing and the color of the bag itself, how much it stands out. The weight of the bag, though, is another issue. No matter what your size or how good it looks, if the bag is too heavy it might not be very pleasant to use, and putting it on your shoulder regularly could hurt your back or affect your posture.
As for being in mid-40's, of course that is not too old! I too am approaching mid-40's and there are very few things I won't wear simply because of my age.

The idea of a shoulder birkin really appeals to me but unfortunately with Birkins you (or at least I) can never try them on in advance! Is there any one around my size that has one? could I see modeling pix? I have also seen some allude that this is a bag for a younger woman...true? is 40 to old?:wtf:

anyone with confidence can wear anything. it totally depends on you. i had a conversation with a friend the other day who admired my dress and said she could never wear it. that drives me nuts. in actuality, the dress was the perfect cut for her. if she WANTED to wear it, she COULD!
you are a petite beauty. and 40 sure as H better not be too old for anything. lol i've got a 40th birthday in my future.:yes:

RC, are you kidding?!:nuts: You can NEVA be too old for a hot bag!!!:graucho: I am no help with modelling pics (5'8" over here) but Pazt is ROCKING her JPG beautifully!!! Don't you think?:love: Are you looking to purchase one to use it every day? If so, may I suggest a darker color (I own one in BJ and it's great but sometimes I wish it was a little less "in your face" as the bag itself is already pretty big).

And thank you for the compliments, ladies.:flowers:

I'm looking forward to trying this on one day. I relooked at patz and H-addict's pix and just love how it looks on both. It is very much my style and I do think I can pull it off! How's that for confidence! :smile:
So it is about 17" long--any one know the height and depth? much appreciated!

Rockerchic...can you make a mock-up of the bag? Sounds crazy, but maybe until you see one IRL it could help.

Once I wanted to see how an H bag looked on me and I started measuring bags I had...I was shocked that one was almost the same measurements.

Stacy, I think it would look amazing on you! I can't believe how great you look with a 35cm bag - I know I can't do it. You would NOT look like Mary Kate Olsen carrying a 40cm Birkin. I totally think you could rock it!

Rockerchic...can you make a mock-up of the bag? Sounds crazy, but maybe until you see one IRL it could help.

Once I wanted to see how an H bag looked on me and I started measuring bags I had...I was shocked that one was almost the same measurements.

what a wonderful idea! I just realized in doing this that it is roughly the size of my Chanel reporter which doesn't feel huge on me at all. I'd love to give this bag a go!