30cm Gold or 25cm Orange?

Jewelweed

O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
This is indecision of the sweetest kind, but I still have to make a decision.
I have the options of a 30cm Gold and 25cm Orange. Whilst I love love love the orange colour, I'm thinking 25cm may be too small. The size of a 30cm is perfect for my build (I'm 5'2, 110lbs) but its in the classic Gold, which I also love, but to a lesser degree than Orange (which I hear is harder to come by than Gold).

Need your expert opinion!

Thanks in advance.

Get the 30 cm gold... but if your heart is set on 30cm orange, just wait for a 30cm orange. At these prices you MUST get the one that is "just right". Don't be forced into a A or B decision, you can always have an option C. If you are located in the USA it may be easier to come by than you think. Give it some time.

Are we talking Birkin? or Kelly? or?

I read from your post that you will get more use out of 30 cm. You then might get annoyed by 25 cm or only use it special occasions.

* Is this your first bag of this design? Then get the 30 in Gold. Very basic and versatile.
* However if you are really in love with Orange? Wait for 30 in Orange.
* Do you have more of this design? Wait for the 30 in Orange!

I agree with Lyanna Stark: you should give it some time

Never settle for less.

Hi Lyanna and Monica
thanks for your helpful advice.

it's my first birkin. My dear dear friend was in Europe for a couple of weeks and had tracked down a Gold 30cm and subsequently an Orange. The thing is, he didn't tell me about the Orange til he got home. He said I can choose one, and his wife would take the other. What a sweetheart!

In a nutshell, two birkins are in the bag, it's just my decision now.

Aha! Now we're talking. Could you post action pics with each of the bags? And have you tried them both? Most of the time you will you feel it in your stomach and see in the mirror what the best decision is.

Hi Lyanna and Monica
thanks for your helpful advice.

it's my first birkin. My dear dear friend was in Europe for a couple of weeks and had tracked down a Gold 30cm and subsequently an Orange. The thing is, he didn't tell me about the Orange til he got home. He said I can choose one, and his wife would take the other. What a sweetheart!

In a nutshell, two birkins are in the bag, it's just my decision now.

I would go for the gold. I don't think the 25 is really suited as an everyday workhorse style. Do you have the opportunity to try them on to see if the 25 is a size that you would like?

Hi all

He's just back. I'll be trying on the bags in the next few days. I'm leaning towards the 30cm Gold, but you are all right nothing beats a decision than one made on instinct!

I vote for the 30 too, as you will find the 25 a tad too small for everyday use. Reserve the smaller size for Kelly. Good luck in deciding, please keep us updated on your final choice!

Is this your first birkin? Will this be your only birkin? Do you really like gold also and would you eventually want gold in your collection of birkins? If you answer yes to the gold color, and yes to "more than one birkin eventually", I would get the 30cm gold. Getting the color you want in a size you don't want is not a good thing. IMHO, size matters! LOL. Sometimes we have an "order" of what we would like to get. That list often gets jumbled by Hermes!

If you will only get one birkin, then certainly WAIT for the 30cm in Orange or potiron. You will be happier in the end. I have both sizes and heartily use both just as much.