30cm Gold or 25cm Orange?

Definitely get the classic 30 in Gold. Unless you are looking for a small "essentials only" going out bag with a pop of color, the 25 is really small IMO. The 30 is perfect as an everyday bag that will fit wallet, cosmetics case, cell phone, sunnies, keys and even more :yes:

Especially if this is going to be your only Birkin....no question....the 30.

All of my Birkins are 25cms, so of course I'm a bit biased. But, Jewelweed, what do you want to carry in your Birkin? In my 25s, I can fit large LV sunglasses case, Dogon compact wallet, Dogon key wallet, chevre business card case, Q phone, Advil, pens, lipsticks, gum and even the odd paperback book. So for me, a 25cm is all I need. If that is too small for you then definitely go for the 30cm. You could never go wrong with a gold Birkin!

OK.....
I have decided, everyone. And it is indeed a difficult decision. I have checked myself in the mirror, looked and relooked. walked around my friend's house for 45mins, asked the entire household and visiting friends, dithered between the obviously beautiful 25cm orange and the practical gold 30cm, and with the thought of the gold mirroring my mulberry back of of my head....

Yes bella it's gold!
Yay!!! I've just snuck the entire box and the huge bag it comes in, into my home, my hubby unawares, he's fallen asleep with my son on the bed.
I made a little ceremony of putting the clochette around the right handle, wrestled the haati (sp?) elephant key ring from my kelly pochette, put it on the left handle, wrapped my twilly around the front handle, tucked the flap open, put it next to the mulberry for colour comparison (nothing compares to this baby, I decided), and sighed in contentment. And returned to my two sleeping darlings in the bedroom. Ooh this is like a secret rendezvous, so happy to share it with you bella!

Congratulations jewelweed! I am sure you will enjoy it a lot! Gold is great!!! I am looking forward to see your action pictures in the future.

Thanx for sharing your H-adventure.