2nd defective Cotton Club in 6 months?

Sorry to hear that.
which cotton club...as in the shopping tote?? the comes in bronze/silvery/black colour...traditional chain with a zipper (slanted) at the side??

if so, I believe some1..mentioned abt the chain snapping too...

yaykkes!!! sorry to hear this, considering that you are paying a lot for chanel... think they should start thinking abou the QC of their products... hope you get back your money , since this happened twice already and should RECALL this line:confused1::tdown:

I just spoke to Chanel at The Mall at Short Hills (where I purchased the bag). I informed them of the entire story and was told that they are quite aware of the problem. They told me that I could send it out for repair - which consists of removing the toggle from the last ring and re-attaching it to the stronger ring. Then they would FedEx it back. I was very honest with the SA and told him that I would prefer to just return the bag, considering this is the 2nd time this has happened with 2 different bags in less than 6 months time.

I was assured that a manager would be at the shop tonight and that they would work with me to remedy the situation. Thankfully I do have all of the original paperwork - original purchase date 3/18/2007 - first return 3/22/2007 - and now the second return 4 months later (almost to the day).

Such a shame because it is a beautiful bag, but for $2000 I did not expect to have any issues.

I also have that bag but I don't use it very often. I am aware of other posters complaining about the toggle situation so I am nervous when I wear the bag. My problem is with the stitching that came undone on the bottom side corner!

I was assured that a manager would be at the shop tonight and that they would work with me to remedy the situation. Thankfully I do have all of the original paperwork - original purchase date 3/18/2007 - first return 3/22/2007 - and now the second return 4 months later (almost to the day).

I hope you get what you want. I wouldn't want another one either. Keep us posted.

Since I read this post I went and looked at my cc tote (which I haven't used yet) and noticed one of the rings is not closed all the way. I'm concerned now. So, I started using this bag today. I actually found this tote somewhat heavy. Well, time will tell. Good luck with your bag and I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

if i'm in your case , considering this is twice already , i'll just insist to refund or get a different bag... coz if this happened once , twice? it could happened the third time,and they really have a serious problem w/ their QC.

good luck keep us posted

I had similar thing happen to my Outdoor Messenger Tote. First time it broke, I exchanged for another one in the same style since I loved it so much. When it happened again a few months later, I got a full refund. I wouldn't chance it for a 3rd time.

I'm very sorry that this happened. Maybe it was from the same bad batch, made by the same worker with less experience?

Wow, that's terrible about your bag. You'd think that they'd realize a bag that big is supposed to hold a lot of stuff and they'd make sure it was secure! Flimsy hardware is just not acceptable. (not that you overloaded it)

Unfortunately, I have heard this about the CC. I have this bag and so far I haven't had a problem. I keep waiting for it to happen. I don't use it very often and I think it's because I'm worried about it.

You're right! $2000 is alot of money to spend for a bag to break twice. I would exchange it at that point.

Good luck.