$250,000 watch with mini trunk... would u buy it?

I'll be real honest here and feel that comment about sheltering and feeding the homeless is unfair...well to me it does not mean that only if someone can afford a 250k watch that they should be doing that...how about all of us....we spend way more on a purse than a decent meal so please its all relative and people shouldnt judge up or down in terms of money and giving....why cant someone who drops 600 on a speedy give to homeless or feed them? ....

I'll be real honest here and feel that comment about sheltering and feeding the homeless is unfair...well to me it does not mean that only if someone can afford a 250k watch that they should be doing that...how about all of us....we spend way more on a purse than a decent meal so please its all relative and people shouldnt judge up or down in terms of money and giving....why cant someone who drops 600 on a speedy give to homeless or feed them? ....

There are a few threads on TPF that speaks on this: people feel guilty for buying a bag charm and then donate $$$ somewhere. $600 to my local volunteer fire dept (which is awesome) or women's shelter helps, but does nothing that $250K can do. Wish I saved the link - I read recently that of all the 'classes', proportionately, the middle class is the most donating class in the US. The middle class donations are not grandiose (Bill Gates/Ophrah style) and the middle class does not account for it the same way as the wealthy (tax deductions), but they give the money away to help.

Anyway, no I would not buy a watch or an LV trunk/bag that cost that much. If I did, it would be after I donated 3x that much $$ somewhere.

If I was a celebrity or very rich...maybe! If you're Madonna, $250,000 for a watch probably doesn't seem outrageous!

As a regular person, if I was given $250,000 to spend at LV I can think of a lot of other things I'd rather buy!

I don't wear a watch - I look at my phone, computer, car, etc. to tell the time which works for me just fine.

If I had $250,000 to throw around I could think of a lot better things to buy and do with the cash but that's just my opinion - I think people should buy what they love and makes them happy no matter what others think they should spend their money on ;)