2023 Holiday pendant

Went in to look at the holiday pendant and walked out with this instead.
View attachment 5872482

I'm still undecided on the HP. I don't really wear gray but it seemed like a nice neutral, slightly metallic, slightly shimmery, looks very casual, but it didn't wow me, which is ultimately why I didn't get it even though it's very wearable.

Frivole twins!! 😊 Same situation with me too lol. I initially came in thinking I would get the HP but left with the frivole RG with pink sapphire pendant instead. I love it so much and hopefully I’ll be able to get the matching earrings to complete the set.

Has anyone experienced this? It’s more than half a year since it first came out. Has anyone experienced wear and tear out of the ordinary to their obsidian piece ?
I have not, mine looks perfect, and I wear it about twice per week. I was told not to shower in it so I don't wear it 24/7. I also haven't dropped it but read about a couple of instances of it breaking from being dropped on a hard surface.

Has anyone experienced this? It’s more than half a year since it first came out. Has anyone experienced wear and tear out of the ordinary to their obsidian piece ?
I have the holiday pendant and it's absolutely gorgeous, I scratched the back of the polished side but no issues with obsidian thus far.
Personally I like the lighter shades.

I hope the holiday pendant this year will be a natural stone in white gold, I'll won't wear porcelain.
Dream HP would be White gold and black opal! One can only dream, lightning ridge opals are notorious for high prices but doublets will bring prices down much more.

IMG_20231029_202654_540~2.jpg
IMG_20231029_192001_704~2.jpgIMG_20231029_192001_318~3.jpg

Last edited:
I have the holiday pendant and it's absolutely gorgeous, I scratched the back of the polished side but no issues with obsidian thus far.

I hope the holiday pendant this year will be a natural stone in white gold, I'll won't wear porcelain.
Dream HP would be White gold and black opal! One can only dream, lightning ridge opals are notorious for high prices but doublets will bring prices down much more.

View attachment 6009324
View attachment 6009311View attachment 6009312
I love the pics on/with your kitty. Beautiful!

View attachment 6009324
Your kitty looks soooo soft and the necklace looks perfect on

• Love
Reactions: Seaquin

View attachment 6009324
I also scratched the back of the HP. I am quite careful when wearing it but I stack it with my hammered sweet necklace. I think it's because of the brushed finish. The obsidian is totally fine, just as the same when it was brand new.

I also scratched the back of the HP. I am quite careful when wearing it but I stack it with my hammered sweet necklace. I think it's because of the brushed finish. The obsidian is totally fine, just as the same when it was brand new.
What's worse is I scratched it even before wearing it and this was my very first holiday pendant!
The scratch was quite significant but it is what it is.

I wonder if we can polish it away, I'll ask my SA when I collect my 10 motif chalcedony!
I wouldn't proceed if it came with a cost.

Reactions: Cartier Forever