2023 Camera Box Bag (Reverse Monogram)

It sounds like you adore it, it fits all your things, and it suits a niche in your collection. I say what’s not to love! :flowers:

Lately I’m being quite ruthless with myself - I try a bag exactly as I will use it, and if I have doubts or some strap is too fiddly or it won’t hold what I want and need, back it goes. And of course quality issues send it straight back! I don’t hear any of those doubts from you. Sounds like your problem will be waiting FOREVER to use it :P I hope you enjoy, and happy early birthday.:flowers:

Thank you so much!

Yes I don't know how I'm going to stop myself haha but I bought quite a few bags this year so I have things to distract me for the time being :graucho:

• Love
Reactions: DrTr
I took your advice and unboxed it today to check it out thoroughly. No clasp issues on mine, luckily! Actually my SA was sweet enough to snag a completely new piece for me so it had all the plastic and everything on perfectly. She's gone back in my closet waiting for my birthday but it made my heart sing just to hold her for a bit :biggrin:
Did you have to exchange it? I’m glad it’s ok! I sort of regret returning mine and thinking about reordering it! UGH!

Did you have to exchange it? I’m glad it’s ok! I sort of regret returning mine and thinking about reordering it! UGH!
No - I went in to see it and told my SA I’d be in touch if I wanted to buy it. He said he was pretty sure it would be available through November but because it’s seasonal he wasn’t sure it could be ordered/obtained post that. But he knows me so well he put aside a brand new piece (not the floor model) because he knew I’d be texting him for it soon. I think I lasted like a day or maybe two :lol: so he just held it for me until I went in again a week later.

(I think my SA is at least 50% of the reason I love LV so much)

Do you live near a store? If you pick one up in person you can examine it and make sure it passes your QC before you buy… (enabling mode activated) :graucho:

• Love
Reactions: LVlvoe_bug and DrTr
No - I went in to see it and told my SA I’d be in touch if I wanted to buy it. He said he was pretty sure it would be available through November but because it’s seasonal he wasn’t sure it could be ordered/obtained post that. But he knows me so well he put aside a brand new piece (not the floor model) because he knew I’d be texting him for it soon. I think I lasted like a day or maybe two :lol: so he just held it for me until I went in again a week later.

(I think my SA is at least 50% of the reason I love LV so much)

Do you live near a store? If you pick one up in person you can examine it and make sure it passes your QC before you buy… (enabling mode activated) :graucho:
Love your SA, it’s so nice when they know you like that! I have an awesome SA who knows me like that as well! I do see it’s quite available but like you I probably can’t wait that long….I’m not near a store but she is always happy to send me stuff..

Reactions: Pursephile
Love your SA, it’s so nice when they know you like that! I have an awesome SA who knows me like that as well! I do see it’s quite available but like you I probably can’t wait that long….I’m not near a store but she is always happy to send me stuff..

If your SA is good you could ask her to do the QC for you before she sends you a piece? Like tell her explicitly what to look for.

Enabling intensifies :graucho:

Bump…

Hello all - I have been mulling over the new camera box bag in black - they had me at tone on tone black and silver calfskin with an edgy chain! I think the size will suit, it’s only a bit smaller than my nano steamer Tyler trunk and that holds everything I need with room to spare, but Camera box is much more structured and just a bit smaller.

For those of you that bought the reverse mono camera box bag and have kept/used it awhile, do you still love it? How do you find the size? I have the largest iPhone max and it should fit but it will be close. Also, I can’t see any pictures from the back. Does the opening at the top bend or crack the canvas? The black one is leather, but do worry about stress points there. One other question, is the handle in the middle of the top or is it at the back like the nano steamer bags?

Any updated info would be great! Here are a few pics from the LV website. TIA 🌺🖤

IMG_5808.jpeg

• Love
Bump…

Hello all - I have been mulling over the new camera box bag in black - they had me at tone on tone black and silver calfskin with an edgy chain! I think the size will suit, it’s only a bit smaller than my nano steamer Tyler trunk and that holds everything I need with room to spare, but Camera box is much more structured and just a bit smaller.

For those of you that bought the reverse mono camera box bag and have kept/used it awhile, do you still love it? How do you find the size? I have the largest iPhone max and it should fit but it will be close. Also, I can’t see any pictures from the back. Does the opening at the top bend or crack the canvas? The black one is leather, but do worry about stress points there. One other question, is the handle in the middle of the top or is it at the back like the nano steamer bags?

Any updated info would be great! Here are a few pics from the LV website. TIA 🌺🖤

View attachment 6004203

Oh Lord, I love this bag! It is sooo stunning in black. I almost wish you hadn’t showed me because now I waaaaaaant it but I already have reverse mono! :panic: :lol:

To answer your questions - I find it roomy enough to fit whatever I need on a night out. I tend to use the bag only at night.

I haven’t noticed any bending or cracking of the canvas but I will check in a while and update you again. I haven’t used the bag too many times since I bought it as I had to wait for my birthday to be allowed to carry it, which was recent. But there’s no damage to the bag for sure.

The handle is in the middle of the top, which I prefer, because it allows me to comfortably carry the bag hand carry!

The strap is adjustable which is great for crossbody, which is how I end up carrying it most of the time.

The gold chain - which is silver for the black version, adds a LOT to the look, but you can’t carry the bag with it. That’s my only negative. It sort of interferes with the handle if you try to carry the bag on your shoulder using it, and it’s too short for shoulder carry imo but too long for comfortable forearm/elbow carry. If you’re carrying it on the shoulder, it has to be with the black strap only. The gold is purely decorative but it makes the bag look super cool! Actually I’d say I haven’t figured out how to make this bag elbow carry, I don’t think that is feasible with this bag. Still - it’s an amazing bag and I love it!

Oh Lord, I love this bag! It is sooo stunning in black. I almost wish you hadn’t showed me because now I waaaaaaant it but I already have reverse mono! :panic: :lol:

To answer your questions - I find it roomy enough to fit whatever I need on a night out. I tend to use the bag only at night.

I haven’t noticed any bending or cracking of the canvas but I will check in a while and update you again. I haven’t used the bag too many times since I bought it as I had to wait for my birthday to be allowed to carry it, which was recent. But there’s no damage to the bag for sure.

The handle is in the middle of the top, which I prefer, because it allows me to comfortably carry the bag hand carry!

The strap is adjustable which is great for crossbody, which is how I end up carrying it most of the time.

The gold chain - which is silver for the black version, adds a LOT to the look, but you can’t carry the bag with it. That’s my only negative. It sort of interferes with the handle if you try to carry the bag on your shoulder using it, and it’s too short for shoulder carry imo but too long for comfortable forearm/elbow carry. If you’re carrying it on the shoulder, it has to be with the black strap only. The gold is purely decorative but it makes the bag look super cool! Actually I’d say I haven’t figured out how to make this bag elbow carry, I don’t think that is feasible with this bag. Still - it’s an amazing bag and I love it!
Oh wow @Pursephile!! What a wonderful long answer you gave me. I’m not near a boutique so seeing things prior to purchase only happens when I travel. I can tell you love it from everything I see 🤓. I saw the black version recently and was blown away! I’ve been busily filling and measuring my nano steamer allowing for the slightly smaller size of this black camera bag and I really think it will work. Thanks for the heads up about no comfortable carry by the chain only. And the silver chain looks a bit spiky, part of what I love, but I don’t think it would feel good to carry a bag with!! I’m returning the blue and yellow bum bag that just dropped as it didn’t work out for me, and I had this one in the back of my mind. I really appreciate your help and your answer. I love tpf in part for just this reason - so many lovely people willing to help and take the time to respond. I will keep you posted. Given your response, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was one in your future.😈😆🖤. Thanks again!!

Last edited:
Oh wow @Pursephile!! What a wonderful long answer you gave me. I’m not near a boutique so seeing things prior to purchase only happens when I travel. I can tell you love it from everything I see 🤓. I saw the black version recently and was blown away! I’ve been busily filling and measuring my nano steamer allowing for the slightly smaller size of this black camera bag and I really think it will work. Thanks for the heads up about no comfortable carry by the chain only. And the silver chain looks a bit spiky, part of what I love, but I don’t think it would feel good to carry a bag with!! I’m returning the blue and yellow bum bag that just dropped as it didn’t work out for me, and I had this one in the back of my mind. I really appreciate your help and your answer. I love tpf in part for just this reason - so many lovely people willing to help and take the time to respond. I will keep you posted. Given your response, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was one in your future.😈😆🖤. Thanks again!!

Oh I absolutely cannot buy this in black, I have too many black bags lol. But it’s gorgeous and I’m definitely enabling you towards it!

I will be carrying the bag tomorrow, by the way, so I can inspect it more thoroughly for you tomorrow and update on the back of the bag.

You’re very welcome! Happy to help!

• Love
Oh I absolutely cannot buy this in black, I have too many black bags lol. But it’s gorgeous and I’m definitely enabling you towards it!

I will be carrying the bag tomorrow, by the way, so I can inspect it more thoroughly for you tomorrow and update on the back of the bag.

You’re very welcome! Happy to help!
Great - thanks again and have a great day!

Great - thanks again and have a great day!

Hi, I’m back with the update!

To start with, here’s a (bad) picture of the back of the bag. I’m not sure if you’ve seen it yet from the back!

IMG_6547.jpeg

(Please ignore the lighting it is terrible and makes the bag look like poop).

So far so good - I don’t see any damage on the back at all. But I have barely used the bag so far, tbf, only carried it a handful of times. So I’m not sure if the canvas will remain as resistant to damage over time.

That being said, there’s only one point where there may be strain on the bag, which I’ve marked in the below picture with an arrow:

IMG_6548.jpeg

This is basically the crease from the top of the bag. Even if it does begin to crack I doubt it’ll be very visible from the front of the bag though. It does take a bit of strain when you open and close the bag however.

Hope this helps!

• Love
Hi, I’m back with the update!

To start with, here’s a (bad) picture of the back of the bag. I’m not sure if you’ve seen it yet from the back!

View attachment 6005003

(Please ignore the lighting it is terrible and makes the bag look like poop).

So far so good - I don’t see any damage on the back at all. But I have barely used the bag so far, tbf, only carried it a handful of times. So I’m not sure if the canvas will remain as resistant to damage over time.

That being said, there’s only one point where there may be strain on the bag, which I’ve marked in the below picture with an arrow:

View attachment 6005007

This is basically the crease from the top of the bag. Even if it does begin to crack I doubt it’ll be very visible from the front of the bag though. It does take a bit of strain when you open and close the bag however.

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much @Pursephile! Your pics and descriptions are very helpful, especially seeing the back. It’s a great bag! I appreciate the time you took to do this for me. Now I keep staring at the black one to imagine my way into it 🤓 Thanks again.