2022 revision rhinoplasty journey in korea

My original nose (before first one) for comparison. I miss my alars but I’m happy with my result right now.

Attachments

• 6A270A1A-DF58-4831-9AFE-FC68656B89CE.jpeg
    6A270A1A-DF58-4831-9AFE-FC68656B89CE.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 165
Third week.

Very happy about the shape and look forward to updating in 2 weeks more, then 8 months, and 2 year, 3 year mark. Revision rhino is a journey. Somehow, I’m healing so much faster than my primary open rhinoplasty. The hyperbaric oxygen and light therapy really help.

The tip is still swollen but I love the definition, it’s just gonna look better and better. The 3/4ths is the view people see most often and I am obsessed with it.

I used to have to breathe laboriously and it occupied a lot of my mental space. Now I don’t really think about breathing anymore unless I get a lot of mucus stuck in there. It frees up so much mental space.

Attachments

• 7DF0E735-DB0A-4015-881D-FA0A0133926F.jpeg
    7DF0E735-DB0A-4015-881D-FA0A0133926F.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 250
Thank you for sharing your experience. Is it still maintained well?

yes it is. It is 3 months now. I wish I went to him for primary.

I went to an ENT for second opinion check up last week and it looked like a perfect nose, symmetricalnostrils and healthy inside with no swelling or pus anywhere. It’s like he didn’t do the surgery at all.

People compliment my face and tell me I look ‘perfect’ now and it’s not noticeable because my face is pretty angular and sharp. The slope is great. I’m really thankful for Dr Kang.

In hindsight, I would not have touched my nose at all. But if I wanted to, I would only trust someone like Dr Kang.

I’m gonna attach the noses I showed him to this post. as well as my front and side profile now. He really did his best while making sure I can breathe.BCA43C70-CA2B-44A8-A4B2-AD2C7E1F4391.jpeg

A91FA865-C3D3-4DD4-9553-F1A9EB6DA1F6.jpeg

04F55406-4384-4E99-A3E7-7B873BBF962F.jpeg

Last edited:
yes it is. It is 3 months now. I wish I went to him for primary.

I went to an ENT for second opinion check up last week and it looked like a perfect nose, symmetricalnostrils and healthy inside with no swelling or pus anywhere. It’s like he didn’t do the surgery at all.

People compliment my face and tell me I look ‘perfect’ now and it’s not noticeable because my face is pretty angular and sharp. The slope is great. I’m really thankful for Dr Kang.

In hindsight, I would not have touched my nose at all. But if I wanted to, I would only trust someone like Dr Kang.

I’m gonna attach the noses I showed him to this post. as well as my front and side profile now. He really did his best while making sure I can breathe.View attachment 5440658

View attachment 5440659

View attachment 5440661
WOW, I'm considering revision, too.
Your review helped me a lot. Thank you!!

7 months update. Time flies and I don’t notice anything which is a testament to how great of a surgeon he is. I didn’t think it was possible for it to look great from every angle and still be functional, but it is. I’m exercising heavily again. I have to use my mouth to breathe sometime but it’s better than what it was after the first nose. Every day I’m grateful he was my revision surgeon. :smile:

Last edited: