2022 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Aug - brand showcase: A-F
4 Sept - brand showcase: G-L
11 Sept - brand showcase: M-R
18 Sept - brand showcase: S-Z
25 Sept - totes
2 Oct - satchels
9 Oct - crossbodies inc WOCS
16 Oct - shoulder bags
23 Oct - bucket bags
30 Oct - clutches
6 Nov - backpacks
13 Nov - bags that don’t count
20 Nov - pairing bags with shoes
27 Nov - pairing bags with other accessories
4 Dec - bag storage
11 Dec - SLGs
18 Dec - charms

Challenges:
Sept - bags in different locations
Oct - Halloween: wear orange or black bags
Nov - International Merlot Day: wear wine coloured bags or pair bags with wine.
Dec - use the bag.

Thanks!

Great to get started - lovely location and beautiful bag!

This is so helpful! Thanks @Jereni ! I think we should use your categories.

Great, I’m glad you think it could be fun.

Great suggestion. Let’s definitely include it! I think it’s a big topic.

So here’s my update to include what you’ve suggested so far with some possible dates. Feel free to add, correct or change before we ask for it to be pinned. I think that’s how @JenJBS did it at the start of the year but she or @papertiger will be able to advise. We might need to pin your categories too @Jereni. Other regular thread members might still have additional suggestions we can include.

4.9.22 - totes
11.9.22 - satchels
18.9.22 - crossbodies inc WOCS
25.9.22 -- shoulder bags
2.10.22 - bucket bags
9.10.22 - clutches
16.10.22 - backpacks
23.10.22 - SLGs - wallets/purses
30.10.22 - SLGs - other
6.11.22 - key rings and charms
13.11.22 - jewellery
20.11.22 - scarves
27.11.22 - other accessories

August/September Topic/Challenge - Photos of bags in different locations
October Topic/Challenge - ?
November Topic/Challenge - ?
December Topic/Challenge - Use the bag challenge / Bag Storage

I realise many people have big scarf collections and one week is not really adequate for that but would it give a taster of favourites? @Purses & Perfumes already kicked us off with locations so I put that for August and September. I put bag storage last as it’s a huge topic and there was no other sharing for that month. There is still space for other suggestions.
October: Halloween - wear/share your orange & black bags. Or wear/share your fall favorites.

November: It has International Merlot day. People can wear/share their wine colored bags. Or do a bag/ wine pairing.

What is your bag style of choice for an event such as a show, theatre or a concert? Do you have more than one bag and prefered options within this style?
If I need something nicer, I usually carry one of these.
94DAE83D-065E-4338-9D12-24FA744C7417.jpeg
On the left, the Aspinal of London Lottie, the right is the LV Vavin chain wallet.
For something like the zoo, I usually take one of my camera bags.
8EBCBEF9-C6D4-4735-B93D-42161E43968B.jpeg
Gucci Soho Disco in peonia on the left & Coach camera bag in metallic grey on the right.

Planning a trip and my dd just changed the hotel on me to something a bit nicer she thinks. She told me to bring a leather bag rather than a lighter nylon bag. I still have plenty of time but what is your favorite bag to wander around town for hours?
I’m a big fan of a neutral crossbody camera bag. They’re usually roomy enough for all my needs, but not too big, and hands-free, which is important. They also tend to be secure, provided they zip.

I took these two on a recent trip.
View attachment 5592435
The black MJ Recruit holds a surprising amount. The strap is comfortable & I can carry it for hours, no issues. Really wish I bought other colors when it was still available.
It was the first outing for the Coach Katy. Also used it for hours and found it comfortable too.
Aww I had this MJ bag in the Mink shade but then downsized to the smaller version.

3327DA3B-4B9A-42CD-940F-671BA3925795.jpeg
36E2EB60-1957-4561-9256-FB2BE87C43C4.jpeg

I can’t believe I am saying this but I think I need a small Crossbody that is a neutral and more elegant but not with a chain strap. I thought my Tory Burch would work but the strap hurts if I wear it to long . I have a teal bag but it doesn’t go with the clothes I will pack . My tan Ralph Lauren would work but has no real closure and the delicate suede lining could get ruined in rain. Most of my small Crossbody bags are open top or more rugged looking or Nylon. I do have a black leather bag with a wide strap that is fun but not crazy about it.

View attachment 5592159
What a pretty crossbody family!
View attachment 5592435
The black MJ Recruit holds a surprising amount. The strap is comfortable & I can carry it for hours, no issues. Really wish I bought other colors when it was still available.
It was the first outing for the Coach Katy. Also used it for hours and found it comfortable too.
Fantastic travel bags. I am especially drawn to the colour and shape of your Katy.

View attachment 5592442
On the left, the Aspinal of London Lottie, the right is the LV Vavin chain wallet.
View attachment 5592445
Gucci Soho Disco in peonia on the left & Coach camera bag in metallic grey on the right.
Your Soho Disco looks so fresh in Peonia. I have one in black that has served me well. Yours really pops!

These theme weeks will be so much fun. Any thread is better with pictures. What a creative group with such a vast number of great ideas.
Indeed, I think so too.
View attachment 5592435
These look like lovely and practical bags. I love a crossbody.
October: Halloween - wear/share your orange & black bags. Or wear/share your fall favorites.

November: It has International Merlot day. People can wear/share their wine colored bags. Or do a bag/ wine pairing.
More fabulous ideas. I will add them in.
View attachment 5592442
View attachment 5592445
Wow, love all these! Your Lottie is the larger size isn’t it. I have one which is the regular navy quilted. Yours looks great. I love the disco, is the colour almost a deep red? I’ve been thinking about a deep wine/burgundy red.
Aww I had this MJ bag in the Mink shade but then downsized to the smaller version.

View attachment 5592531
View attachment 5592534
More gorgeous crossbodies! Look so useful!
Your Soho Disco looks so fresh in Peonia. I have one in black that has served me well. Yours really pops!
Totally agree!

Updated topic and week list:

28.8.22 - brand showcase: A-F
4.9.22 - brand showcase: G-L
11.9.22 - brand showcase: M-R
18.9.22 - brand showcase: S-Z
25.9.22 - tote
2.10.22 - satchels
9.10.22 - crossbodies inc WOCS
16.10.22 - shoulder bags
23.10.22 - bucket bags
30.10.22 - clutches
6.11.22 - backpacks
13.11.22 - bags that don’t count
20.11.22 - pairing bags with shoes
27.11.22 - pairing bags with other accessories
4.12.22 - bag storage
11.12.22 - SLGs
18.12.22 - charms

Challenges:
November - International Merlot Day: wear wine coloured bags or pair bags with wine.
Dec - use the bag.

Updated topic and week list:

28.8.22 - brand showcase: A-F
4.9.22 - brand showcase: G-L
11.9.22 - brand showcase: M-R
18.9.22 - brand showcase: S-Z
25.9.22 - tote
2.10.22 - satchels
9.10.22 - crossbodies inc WOCS
16.10.22 - shoulder bags
23.10.22 - bucket bags
30.10.22 - clutches
6.11.22 - backpacks
13.11.22 - bags that don’t count
20.11.22 - pairing bags with shoes
27.11.22 - pairing bags with other accessories
4.12.22 - bag storage
11.12.22 - SLGs
18.12.22 - charms

Challenges:
November - International Merlot Day: wear wine coloured bags or pair bags with wine.
Dec - use the bag.
I don't know if anyone else has trouble with this but as an American it is difficult to read those dates. Could we spell out the month to avoid confusion?

View attachment 5592442
View attachment 5592445
I love all your selections. The width on the strap of your travel ones is similar to my Tory one. Maybe I need to wear it a bit more and break the strap in.

Planning a trip and my dd just changed the hotel on me to something a bit nicer she thinks. She told me to bring a leather bag rather than a lighter nylon bag. I still have plenty of time but what is your favorite bag to wander around town for hours?

For me, my Coach Marlie is sort of a perfect bag for this. Comfortable strap, top handle for quick grab, easy opening, sturdy leather for rain.

I can’t believe I am saying this but I think I need a small Crossbody that is a neutral and more elegant but not with a chain strap. I thought my Tory Burch would work but the strap hurts if I wear it to long . I have a teal bag but it doesn’t go with the clothes I will pack . My tan Ralph Lauren would work but has no real closure and the delicate suede lining could get ruined in rain. Most of my small Crossbody bags are open top or more rugged looking or Nylon. I do have a black leather bag with a wide strap that is fun but not crazy about it.

View attachment 5592159

Nice bags! The black one with the graphical strap seems like a nice option.

View attachment 5592442
View attachment 5592445

Omg your Soho Disco! I just decided the other day that I need one of these in rose beige. But now seeing this COLOR :loveeyes:. I die.

Status
Not open for further replies.