2022 full body lipo journey in korea

can i ask where you got your fat transferred to? im interested in a fat transplant to my breasts
Yes fat transfer to my breasts! I mainly wanted calf lipo but I figured since I was coming all the way here I might as well do my breasts and thighs too. I know I’m taking a risk because many people have low retention. However I am extremely pear-shaped (24” waist - 39” dullest part of thigh/hip) so I carry my fat in the best places to harvest from. My fats are also super stubborn. Even when I was in the lowest 5% BMI I had chubby thighs and hips… I had forehead fat graft more than three years ago with fat from my thighs and I retained almost all of it so I am optimistic. Dr. Lee took out enough fats for three sessions of fat transfer since he charges less (I think 500K won but can’t remember if it’s less) for injection with frozen fats (lower retention and you must go back within a few months).

Reactions: lattegirlxo
Here's an (almost) 7 month update!

My weight is more or less constant but my body fat % has been going down and my muscle % has been going up! I'm not too bothered about my weight on the scale any more, and I have been getting compliments from those around me saying that I look healthier, more toned and with a smaller body frame in the past few months!

I'm still working out with pilates at least twice a week, and carrying on my new eating habits (I eat fewer during each meal but can eat multiple meals on days I feel hungrier). I saw that some of you have approached Honette, but I'd also like to mention that not everyone will feel comfortable with the same doctor. I'll be happy to answer any questions if any! I've been busy with life but will still pop by whenever I can :flowers:
IMG_0221 (1).jpg

@ps2307 Good day to you.
I am also from Singapore intending to go for Holiday and Arm liposuction during December.
Can I know what Slimming pill you are taking and also, for arm liposuction, will it be too pain to travel around Korea?
you did your liposuction for your chin and buccal fat removal will it bruise and feel pain?

@BJLuv hello!
if you tell the clinic you want slimming pills they will prescribe them accordingly. they generally don't use brands available in singapore such as duromine as the pills are made in korea, however the drugs used are generally the same. you can check with the doctor if you would like to know more before being prescribed!
people react to liposuction differently but for me i wasn't in any pain at all for my arm. it was more swollen than anything! do keep in mind you'll have to wear compression garments 24/7 for at least the first month, so don't plan anything strenuous or overly athletic
for my face lipo, the bruise travelled downwards to my neck. it looked a bit scary to me but people in korea are so used to it that nobody cared. it wasn't painful per se but there was tenderness if you touch your face.
for face lipo there wasn't any stitch removal required, but i had to do it for my arms a week after surgery, so you might want to factor that into your travel plans if you plan to go out of seoul!

@betterme557 thank you! yes, i am having that issue with my inner thighs closest to my groin, however it has gotten better with time. i'm also applying creams and such to make it better, and will be considering treatments such as thermage/profhilo too :smile:

@miyuchan17 i waited a week to get my thighs done, so i did it on the same day i removed my stitches for my arms and tummy!
deswelling will take a while but walking helped me a lot. i tended to cramp up if i didn't walk enough, so i tried to take a walk around my neighbourhood every day even if i was very tired/bloated/puffy. hope you feel better soon!

Oo okay thanks for the advice!! How long did you wear your compression garment for? The doc told me to take it off when I’m on bed rest.. but i’m doing bed rest for almost the whole day. Kinda scared to take it off… but when I do and then I put it on, it’s super tight ><

@betterme557 I bought 2 sets so I wore it 24/7, except when I was showering, for a month! Afterwards, I wore it to sleep for two months, so it’s a total of 3 months!
I think it helped with the deswelling quite a bit! In the first two week, I feel it also helped with the pain. Not sure if I’m an exception but I find that it hurt more when I wasn’t wearing it

@miyuchan17 I realized that every doctor has slightly different advice, so it’s best to listen to yours! I also find it tighter when I just put it on after a couple of hours, probably because the body “uncompresses” itself when the suit isn’t on. Best to check with the doctor if you have any specific concerns or questions :smile:

@Solorun thank you! i'll be arriving on the 18th :smile: honnette will check my upper body while atop will check my thighs since i split my lipo like that!
i'm very happy with my face lipo! i was told that i'd have some sagging issues because of my skin laxity, so i went back and did a thread lift a few months later and my face looks good now! i was super puffy for about a month? and it mostly went away by month 3. the recovery period was similar to body lipo for me!
first pic: before
second pic: recovery. in chronological order - top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right
third pic: after thread lift. the two parts that stick out are because of my bone structure, and i've been told by a few doctors that it won't go away unless i do FC :sad:
actually, the difference in my side profile is a lot more obvious but i didn't save the pics that atop took. if you'd like to see them, i'll ask them to let me take a pic of it when i go back next week!
View attachment 5516051View attachment 5516052View attachment 5516053
hi! im going to south korea next year & im intending to get a facial lipo done! thank you for your wisdom seriously! i would’ve never considered atop if i didn’t come across this thread.

my question is what is the aftercare like for you? i will be going on a solo trip so i don’t have anyone to take care of me, im also not fluent in korean so im worried about how im going to get necessary aftercare products from the pharmacy.. does ATOP provide aftercare services & perhaps lymphatic massages as well to bring the swelling down?

is there any other clinics that you would recommend to me for facial/chin lipo that is trusted by locals & has good reviews? (preferably with english translators but without is fine too!)

@bluestar2 hello! aftercare for facial lipo was quite simple :smile: you just have to wear the compression band 24/7 for the first week, try to sleep elevated (two pillows should do the trick), and change/disinfect the incision points. those are quite small so it's manageable with a mirror! there is no stitch removal either.

atop has an english translator sky and she will give you the prescription to bring to the pharmacy. all you have to do is pay and go! if you're worried about being woozy after, you can just let her know and she should be able to go with you to the pharmacy to pick up your meds before the procedure unless she has someone else to assist at the clinic.

aftercare wise, i don't recall doing anything but you can send her a kakao message to ask if that's something they offer. from what i recall, they will not recommend massages for at least the first week, and you probably wouldn't want it anyway because it'll feel tender. the compression band is good enough to help with deswelling.

i don't have any experience with other clinics for facial lipo because i only had it done once, so i won't be able to recommend any other clinics, sorry!

@bluestar2 hello! aftercare for facial lipo was quite simple :smile: you just have to wear the compression band 24/7 for the first week, try to sleep elevated (two pillows should do the trick), and change/disinfect the incision points. those are quite small so it's manageable with a mirror! there is no stitch removal either.

atop has an english translator sky and she will give you the prescription to bring to the pharmacy. all you have to do is pay and go! if you're worried about being woozy after, you can just let her know and she should be able to go with you to the pharmacy to pick up your meds before the procedure unless she has someone else to assist at the clinic.

aftercare wise, i don't recall doing anything but you can send her a kakao message to ask if that's something they offer. from what i recall, they will not recommend massages for at least the first week, and you probably wouldn't want it anyway because it'll feel tender. the compression band is good enough to help with deswelling.

i don't have any experience with other clinics for facial lipo because i only had it done once, so i won't be able to recommend any other clinics, sorry!
oh thank you so much for the reply! This really helps so much..

i read your other posts and you’ve been to atop for other procedures, is there a long wait time to get a consultation then follow up with a surgery? because i will only be in seoul at the start of jan in 2023 and was hoping to get a surgery slot asap after the consultation. How was it like for you?

im assuming the doctors would give you aftercare instructions to follow am I right? do they also provide you with the compression garment or is that something I have to buy myself? & also did you have ice packs or use any other methods to help with the swelling? :smile:
thanks once again!