2022 full body lipo journey in korea

Hi everyone! Just a quick update. I'm 3 weeks upper body and 2 weeks post-thigh lipo and still in the midst of deswelling, but things are looking great already!
In particular, I feel like my legs look very different.
Top photos: taken before my trip
Bottom photos: 2 weeks post lipo (I'm still very swollen but most of the bruises are gone!)
The incisions are all closed so I don't have to clean them any longer. I'm just applying the bruise cream on the bruises + bio-oil all over my body to help with the stretch marks that I had from before, and also going for twice-weekly massages to help deswell. I'm also walking at least an hour a day to help with recovery.
Pain wise, I no longer need painkillers and it only hurts if someone hits me too hard. Overall it just feels like I'm back to normal, and the "pain" just feels like muscle aches after a good workout :smile:
My old clothes are already way too big for me and I've received a ton of compliments from the people around me about how good I look. Will share more updates as I deswell!

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_Photo_2022-04-08-13-37-44.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2022-04-08-13-37-44.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 188
Hi everyone! Just a quick update. I'm 3 weeks upper body and 2 weeks post-thigh lipo and still in the midst of deswelling, but things are looking great already!
In particular, I feel like my legs look very different.
Top photos: taken before my trip
Bottom photos: 2 weeks post lipo (I'm still very swollen but most of the bruises are gone!)
The incisions are all closed so I don't have to clean them any longer. I'm just applying the bruise cream on the bruises + bio-oil all over my body to help with the stretch marks that I had from before, and also going for twice-weekly massages to help deswell. I'm also walking at least an hour a day to help with recovery.
Pain wise, I no longer need painkillers and it only hurts if someone hits me too hard. Overall it just feels like I'm back to normal, and the "pain" just feels like muscle aches after a good workout :smile:
My old clothes are already way too big for me and I've received a ton of compliments from the people around me about how good I look. Will share more updates as I deswell!
How long do you plan to wear your compression garments? :smile:

Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us!! Glad to hear things are healing nicely :smile: I’m thinking of going to Korea for lipo in October (among some other procedures) so I reaaaally appreciate the detailed info.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! :smile: here are more pics I took today.
@milona223 atop said that I have to wear my compression garments for at least a month, 24/7! for honette they said either 24/7 for a month, or just during the day for 2 months. I’m going with a month for both! I’m also keeping in touch with the consultants from both clinics to see if this needs to be adjusted :smile:

However I’d also like to be 100% transparent and say that I’ve also started taking prescription diet pills that the clinics gave me, which is why my progress is likely faster than if you were eating regularly. My BMI stated that I’m overweight so I was able to get the prescription, and they’ve been checking in with me just to be sure that I’m doing okay. It suppresses my appetite, increases my heartbeat and helps get rid of water retention. I’m very lucky and haven’t suffered any side effects. The exact medication is, to my knowledge, only available in Korea but I’ll be happy to share what drugs are in it if anyone wants to know.

6EFF3F49-1131-41BC-A150-D66DEF4561E4.jpeg

528B7583-85EB-4749-B066-FECD8AB4A58F.jpeg

E0FDCFF4-2385-4105-8021-437B425AD8E6.jpeg

@loveforever8 thank you so much!

1) i'm fluent in korean so i didn't have a translator. however my first language is english so i prefer doing my consults in english if possible! i indicated which language i did my consults in in my first few posts, but to summarize, ATOP, PBC & NANA are the only clinics i visited that have english-speaking consultants who will translate the doctor's words for you if you require!
2) in korea they categorise anaesthesia under local, sleeping & general. i was under "sleeping" for both, which meant that i was completely knocked out with propofol which was administered through an IV.
3) the clinic that you do the procedure at will measure you before the surgery and get everything ready for you by the time surgery is over! it costs about 100,000~150,000krw for each piece depending on what type you get. i got two sets in total (2 tops + 2 bottoms) cos i can't stand having dirty stuff against my skin, but i've been told most people just get one set :smile:

hope that helped!

Reactions: babykyoong
Hi PS2307, I am getting my full body lipo soon! I was wondering how long it took you to go to the bathroom normally without as much pain/help after leg lipo. For abdomen lipo, did you need help going to the bathroom as well?

I'm having a friend stay with me to help but I wanted to know what to expect.

Also, have you found that you lost any weight? :smile:

@milona223 i didn’t have any help going to the bathroom throughout because I was alone! It hurt to stand up or sit down but just in the moment itself :smile: but I do have a high pain tolerance so it might be different for you. The major aches went away in about a week for both. It was tougher for the leg lipo because there are incision sites at the back of your thighs, but you’ll learn to position yourself in a way that the incision points don’t touch the toilet bowl and therefore hurt less :angel:
I’ve lost a total of 8kg and 6% body fat since surgery, but there’s still a lot of water retention going on! I’ve also been taking my diet pills for about 2 weeks now, so that definitely contributed to the weight loss.
all the best for your surgeries and can’t wait to hear about your experience!

Reactions: milona223
@loveforever8 hope some of the info was helpful!
i spent close to three months checking gangnam unni - they have a lipo subsection that also shows promos for the clinics that are listed on their app. i decided on going consulting all the clinics after taking all the reviews into consideration. i really wanted to speak to the people there and get an overall vibe before deciding because i feel that a virtual consult is never enough :smile:
thank you for your kind words ♥️

@milona223 im so excited for you too! I’m officially at the one month mark post-thigh lipo (which means I’m 5 weeks post upper body lipo) and i’m totally back to normal! went for my first post-lipo workout today (pilates) and it was so fun! of course, I still get a tiny bit achy when I push myself too hard but I’m definitely at about 90% of how I used to move :smile: the swelling hasn’t gone down completely yet (it apparently takes up to 6 months) but I’m already looking and feeling great! Here are some gratitudes pre-workout mirror selfies. I’m no supermodel but I def feel much better and more confident :angel:
the biggest rip I’d have is to make sure you get at least 20 mins of walking done a day post-surgery. Doesn’t have to be quick, as long as you get yourself moving! If you don’t to it, it’ll *really* hurt the day after. Also, stock up with water/juice/milk/yoghurt drinks cos you might not have much of an appetite post surgery. But you’ll need to consume something before you take your meds!BADF9A0B-9DB9-4710-B169-717F931E34BC.jpeg

Reactions: princess.doll
Hi everyone :smile:

I’ve been receiving quite a few DMs about whether I can wear shorta/sleeveless tops and the answer is yes! Took some pics in my PJs to show that it’s entirely possible to wear stuff that doesn’t cover all your skin.

I’m about a month and a half post OP now and I’m only wearing the compression garments to bed. During the day I just wear whatever I used to pre-op.

Here are some of my body’s stats:
Body fat percentage: 39% > 34%
BMI: 27.55 > 24.5
Arm: reduction of 7cm
Waist: reduction of 12cm (!!!)
Thigh: reduction of 9cm

Again, everyone’s experience and results will differ according to your body and what you do post-op, but feel free to ask me any questions you may have ♥️

Attachments

• C45A840C-5934-4E62-BB37-8C88AC0F38D0.jpeg
    C45A840C-5934-4E62-BB37-8C88AC0F38D0.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 155