2021 Resolution: Shopping my own bag and SLG collection. Any one else?

NOVEMBER ACTIVITIES

1. Bags by Brand Showcase!

Each week, share photos of your bags from the specified brands. Choose a posed “beauty” shot or get your bags out and about in action shots!

We highlight 3 brands per week: 2 premier and 1 contemporary in alphabetical order as listed on tPF. Any brands not listed are showcased in our last week. Brands change to the next set each Sunday.

Our first brand week starts now - Sunday, Oct 31. Please share photos of bags from these brands:
  • Bottega Venetta
  • Burberry
  • Alexander Wang

Tip: Grab your photos from last year in the 2020 resolution thread. Search your user name and the brand to find your photos.

2. Special Stories
Thanks @Claudia Herzog for the suggestion

Wear a bag that has a backstory involving a person, place, or opportunity for which you feel grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooooh! Pretty! Oh I wish I could meet with a TPFer and just talk bags and accessories!
Um..No I really don’t want to hear about your job, kids activities, blah blah
ahahaaa! I completely understand!
Of course it does! I put up some special shelves for the designer bags, contemporarys go on the top shelf of the rack. Luckily the previous owner had rack shelves that were almost 16” deep, so plenty big enough for my mostly mid-sized bag collection. I will post closet pics tomorrow, with my vintage rehab Fendis and Ferragamo. Here are some house pics…I took them the other day, so there is still some clutter as we are bringing the last bits from the old house and there is some furniture and decor we left behind for staging (like a second sofa) that will complete everything.View attachment 5264744View attachment 5264745View attachment 5264746View attachment 5264747View attachment 5264751View attachment 5264752View attachment 5264753View attachment 5264755View attachment 5264756View attachment 5264757
So pretty and I love the wood floors!
The red is lovely, but the yellow :faint:
Thank you!
I almost forgot that I have a Ferragamo bag. Here is an old photo of my Mimi Tote. She is so lightweight and easy to use.
View attachment 5264834
What a marvelous color!
These are so chic and timeless. Love them!
Thank you! I also think they're timeless - and that's a good thing!
And, speaking of open bags, the first Longchamp I bought was the Roseau tote in white with blue* embroidered cherry blossoms. I was taking an intensive German course in Bamberg and saw it in a shop window and fell in love.

I apologize for the wrinkly gray throw - my couch is red so I thought it would be a distracting background but the throw may be worse. :/

Aaalll the Longchamps:

View attachment 5264891

Back row: Roseau L Sakura, Le Pliage Neo, Le Pliage Neo Op’Art, Le Pliage Neo Stars**
Front row: Le Pliage Cuir S in purple, gray, dark red, and black
Left: Le Foulonné WoC, red and pink key holders, pink, blue, purple and silver pouches

Please excuse the general floppiness going on here - I usually store the Pliages with the coordinating Neos stuffed inside, but these are just fundamentally floppy bags.

I've never liked the classic fabric Le Pliages. I know they're classic, and useful, but... But I'm a sucker for "reimaginings" and the Cuirs are much more to my taste as well. I like that they're hands-free and can hold a ton. The downside is that they can hold a TON, which my shoulder eventually tells me about, and they are black holes where everything disappears. I keep buying organizers, which also make them nicely less-floppy, and then not using them.***. And these are the small Cuirs!

*I know, cherry blossoms are not blue. But this is so pretty!
**Black satin stars on the black background photograph poorly, but are cool in real life. I think cookie has the small Le Pliage in this pattern...
***Extra weight, and/or things sliding under the organizer and disappearing to my panic.
Wow - what an awesome collection!
The classic Pliage has its place - and I have a basic Neo for travel - but the floppiness in general is a big no-no for me - I hate a floppy bag. I've looked at the Cuirs - they often have fun linings (that no one sees but me but I love a fun lining), and they hold a ton - but you can't find anything! Apparently even with an organizer! :panic:

( I have to confess you've made me feel so much better - I'm NOT the only person who can lose something small in a small bag... how do things get *under* the organizer? )

I almost forgot that I have a Ferragamo bag. Here is an old photo of my Mimi Tote. She is so lightweight and easy to use.
View attachment 5264834
That color is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

So simple but distinctive at the same time!
Prefect description of Ferragamo! :tup:

So excited, I can play this week! I do love Ferragamo!
Beautiful bags! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: Ferragamo doesn't get enough love here on TPF.

Thank you! The kitchen and backyard were the selling points for me. As soon as I saw them, that was it—the rest was checking boxes. After living in a house that got little direct sunlight and had a dark galley kitchen with one little window to a shaded side yard with a view of my hoarder neighbors old shipping boxes….:hbeat:
Easy to see why those were the selling points! Lovely!

Wow lots of closet space! Imagine ...being able to see the shoes - I like those clear boxes. I try to keep stuff in their boxes (my climate is dry) but it’s so easy to just forget what you have.

Speaking of shoes, I don’t know why it’s so hard to wear heels anymore. I used to wear them daily and I could “run” in them. Now it’s like I walk all stilted..have I lost muscle memory? But I recall wearing heels just fine when I first started wearing them. The other thing that gets me is all the weight in the balls of my feet. I’m definitely heavier than in my 20s 30s so that’s got to be one of the reasons. My poor pretty shoes..

Have you considered to stick a photo of the content onto each box?
I have lots of shoes in boxes, am notorious for forgetting what I have and I´m cheap, so instead of the photos my boxes have notes on them- personal descriptions of the shoes inside like:" stunning, black, bought in Venice" or " white 50ies, Saks, too tight."

Sometimes these things happen for a reason. I hope you fall in-love with the Fendi 'diva'.

I had a pair of very expensive like-new, shearing-lined, black, Italian-made, apres-ski boots that my father had bought me. They were amazing. Sheepskin inside, goat hair/suede on the outer, with thick tractor soles. I decided to sell them as I had a new Mou Mou pair that were more fashionable at the time. I sold them very cheaply (less than 1/8 of the original) only for the woman to return them as she said the material wasn't shearling inside but wool fleece :rolleyes: . Probably one of the few people in the world not to know that shearling-lining means (reverse) sheepskin. Sheep = wool. I kept them and now they're a godsend for the Winter in the mountainous region where I live (Scotland). We often have snow and sometimes it's freezing cold for weeks.

Your boots sound gorgeous! The ignorant buyer did you a huge favour returning them! With her attitude she didn´t deserve them anyway!
I used to have a blonde pair from the 70ies. Long goat hair outside, shearling inside and thick rubber soles. They were from my aunt´s closet and I wore them for several cold East German winters (people in our town used to stare and laugh) until the soles disintegrated and crumbled away. The perfect winter boots!

My ignorant Spy buyer didn´t deserve my diva, either! Plus the low price she paid wouldn´t have bought me any near as iconic bag. I guess I´ll have a look tomorrow and find the Spy a nice spot where I can see and admire her.

Have you considered to stick a photo of the content onto each box?
I have lots of shoes in boxes, am notorious for forgetting what I have and I´m cheap, so instead of the photos my boxes have notes on them- personal descriptions of the shoes inside like:" stunning, black, bought in Venice" or " white 50ies, Saks, too tight."

I know exactly what I have, I just can never find them (when I need them) :lol: .

There have been a few exceptions. I thought I'd sold a couture, 1968 gown, silver lurex wide fishnet on top (:yes: see-through) and sherbet pink plissé silk skirt. It was so 'out there' I thought I would never wear it. When the whole Gucci Michele thing happened, I was suddenly hit with remorse, knowing I'd had better than anything 'out there'. I was so annoyed with myself. Happily, I must have had remorse sometime earlier and taken down the listing because I found the dress. I was :nuts: :woot: .

And, as you know on this thread, I've found a couple of bags and other things I have absolutely no recollection of ever seeing before let alone buying. I pick them up and talk to it "Mmm, you're nice, how did you get here?" :presents: :confused1:

The red one!!!!:heart:
That color is gorgeous! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Prefect description of Ferragamo! :tup:

Beautiful bags! :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes: Ferragamo doesn't get enough love here on TPF.

Easy to see why those were the selling points! Lovely!
All of these are gorgeous!
That red one is gorgeous!
Oh my… they’re gorgeous! :love:
those flowers are spectacular!
Thank you!

And, speaking of open bags, the first Longchamp I bought was the Roseau tote in white with blue* embroidered cherry blossoms. I was taking an intensive German course in Bamberg and saw it in a shop window and fell in love.

I apologize for the wrinkly gray throw - my couch is red so I thought it would be a distracting background but the throw may be worse. :/

Aaalll the Longchamps:

View attachment 5264891

Back row: Roseau L Sakura, Le Pliage Neo, Le Pliage Neo Op’Art, Le Pliage Neo Stars**
Front row: Le Pliage Cuir S in purple, gray, dark red, and black
Left: Le Foulonné WoC, red and pink key holders, pink, blue, purple and silver pouches

Please excuse the general floppiness going on here - I usually store the Pliages with the coordinating Neos stuffed inside, but these are just fundamentally floppy bags.

I've never liked the classic fabric Le Pliages. I know they're classic, and useful, but... But I'm a sucker for "reimaginings" and the Cuirs are much more to my taste as well. I like that they're hands-free and can hold a ton. The downside is that they can hold a TON, which my shoulder eventually tells me about, and they are black holes where everything disappears. I keep buying organizers, which also make them nicely less-floppy, and then not using them.***. And these are the small Cuirs!

*I know, cherry blossoms are not blue. But this is so pretty!
**Black satin stars on the black background photograph poorly, but are cool in real life. I think cookie has the small Le Pliage in this pattern...
***Extra weight, and/or things sliding under the organizer and disappearing to my panic.
Love your LC collection especially the Sakura. I saw that in the store and I was afraid I might make it dirty — the white leather is scary! But beautiful. :heart:
Closet and my 2 vintage rehabbed canvas Fendis, blue Ferragamo doctor bag and my chicest Longchamp. I have tried TWICE to buy a leather Longchamp and BOTH times it got lost or stolen in the mail! I also have several other Le Pliages in various colors and sizes (stored folded and in a basket) for travel and rough weather days.

I store all my bags in dust bags and, except for the Hermès, most are not in the corresponding brand, since I buy secondhand/vintage and most do not come with the original bag. Top bag shelf is Hermes, second is LV, third is the Italians.

We have his and hers closets :happydance: The smaller closet and the dresser in the bedroom is his, the bigger one is mine. Eventually, I would like to get a simple white dresser (the bedroom has a rectangular shape and my dresser needs to be in my closet) and solid shelving, paint the walls. We bought a $50 secondhand dresser that turned out to be a piece of crap death trap! Not even worth repainting, though the size/shape is perfect. I asked for a bigger, single jewelry box for Christmas. But I am happy with my closet overall and for now. I need an organized, uncluttered closet, but not a fancy one.:smile:
what a space you have there! And I like how you placed your bags.
Wow lots of closet space! Imagine ...being able to see the shoes - I like those clear boxes. I try to keep stuff in their boxes (my climate is dry) but it’s so easy to just forget what you have.

Speaking of shoes, I don’t know why it’s so hard to wear heels anymore. I used to wear them daily and I could “run” in them. Now it’s like I walk all stilted..have I lost muscle memory? But I recall wearing heels just fine when I first started wearing them. The other thing that gets me is all the weight in the balls of my feet. I’m definitely heavier than in my 20s 30s so that’s got to be one of the reasons. My poor pretty shoes..
I also have not worn pointed heels since the pandemic. Not sure if I still can. :idea: Hopefully, yes.

This is the only Longchamp I own. I'm not entirely sure it's authentic, as I bought it in a thrift store. I pull it out of my desk drawer at work when I have meetings that only require me to carry a pen and my phone from building to building instead of my briefcase.

View attachment 5265086
I also use a LC pouch around the office to carry my phones and pen.

—— —-
I actually have several Longchamp bags/SLGs but I don’t have a group photo of them. I have rehomed my Cuirs so I have mostly nylon LPs now. I’ll try to post my remaining leather bag later.

This bag is lovely. As far as your renovations you are to hard on yourself. You are also working at the same time and need to relax a bit when at home.
I’m actually now transitioning to physical reporting to the office. I took advantage of the WFH time to have the renovations. So when I’m home, yes, I just want some relaxed time. :smile: