2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Ladies - might impose upon you all for a bit of sartorial advice?
We’re leaving for Paris in two days and I’m trying to pack sensibly. We had two nice dinners set and I’ll be wearing a skirt - so I’d like to wear a heel. But - which pair?
Both are comfortable, both are black. One has a very low heel, one has a mid-height chunky heel.
View attachment 4589108
View attachment 4589109
Opinions? TIA!
I like the chunkier with ankle strap. Edgier chic;)

Wonder if it's an age thing? I'm in my sixties and while edgy is fine by me (I have lots of tats, several piercings, etc.) I find the lower heel much more elegant, especially for a dinner out in a fine restaurant. It would depend of course on the item of clothing worn too.

Go tear up Paris :lol:.
Hahaa - that's my plan!
We also have a day trip to Champagne scheduled - two small favorite producers!
I bought these shoes especially for the trip, the chunkier heel seems very fashion-forward, edgier chic like you say. i also thought they would be better for walking, but it's supposed to be pretty cold so we might not walk as much as I had planned.
My outfit though is *fairly* classic though - navy skirt, cream silk blouse with a round embroidered collar (embroidery is also cream so you don't really notice it), and a short, navy tweed-like jacket with a round collar and slight peplum at the waist. But the jacket zips and so do the cuffs… so there is a bit of an edge there. :cool:

Hahaa - that's my plan!
We also have a day trip to Champagne scheduled - two small favorite producers!

I bought these shoes especially for the trip, the chunkier heel seems very fashion-forward, edgier chic like you say. i also thought they would be better for walking, but it's supposed to be pretty cold so we might not walk as much as I had planned.
My outfit though is *fairly* classic though - navy skirt, cream silk blouse with a round embroidered collar (embroidery is also cream so you don't really notice it), and a short, navy tweed-like jacket with a round collar and slight peplum at the waist. But the jacket zips and so do the cuffs… so there is a bit of an edge there. :cool:
The jacket allows for either shoe I think. And if you're walking you're right, the chunkier heel would probably be a better choice.

Wonder if it's an age thing? I'm in my sixties and while edgy is fine by me (I have lots of tats, several piercings, etc.) I find the lower heel much more elegant, especially for a dinner out in a fine restaurant. It would depend of course on the item of clothing worn too.
They are very elegant, and my clothing is fairly classic.
If Mr Cookie ends up wearing dressy jeans (super dark) and classy shoes, I might wear the chunky heel. I will pin him down tonight and MAKE him decide! :angel: :giggle: :panic:

We’re leaving for Paris in two days and I’m trying to pack sensibly. We had two nice dinners set and I’ll be wearing a skirt - so I’d like to wear a heel. But - which pair?
Both are comfortable, both are black. One has a very low heel, one has a mid-height chunky heel.
View attachment 4589108
View attachment 4589109
Opinions? TIA!
I really love the look of the little kitten heel (are they still called that???). It's chic, elegant, and retro all at the same time. So if it's equally comfy, I say go for the one on the right.

View attachment 4589108
View attachment 4589109
Opinions? TIA!
I prefer the block heel with ankle strap - tres chic! You can’t go wrong with either shoe. Have a fantastic trip!

I really love the look of the little kitten heel (are they still called that???). It's chic, elegant, and retro all at the same time. So if it's equally comfy, I say go for the one on the right.
They are still called kitten heels - they are very pretty!
I like the chunky heel with the ankle strap. What did you decide?
Eeeeee - I’m still debating! I was unable to pin DH down last night, but tonight is the final packing so I have to make up my mind!
I prefer the block heel with ankle strap - tres chic! You can’t go wrong with either shoe. Have a fantastic trip!
Thank you - it’s a short trip, just 4 days - so we’re are going to be busy!
I agree - I can’t go wrong with either shoe... but the lower will be easier to walk in on cobble stones... but the block heel would be too! Arrgghh - will make a final decision tonight!

View attachment 4589108
View attachment 4589109
Opinions? TIA!
I like the kitten heal without the strap around the ankle for a more elegant look. Though I do like the other shoe too.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
For once I have one in each category.
Tori Burch Medium Thea Wallet
Mulberry Small Bayswater Satchel
Miu Miu
Tori Burch Small Thea Convertible

Attachments

• CFCCB9DC-6876-4086-9909-EB8D51A5CC27.jpeg
    CFCCB9DC-6876-4086-9909-EB8D51A5CC27.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DA58949E-67AD-4E34-82F0-DC3BBCA0FCF8.jpeg
    DA58949E-67AD-4E34-82F0-DC3BBCA0FCF8.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 87
  • F72C323C-F01F-4C3F-82A3-0FAD5F787657.jpeg
    F72C323C-F01F-4C3F-82A3-0FAD5F787657.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 86
  • A2946E2E-AEA4-4D88-958F-0951DA3B6DD3.jpeg
    A2946E2E-AEA4-4D88-958F-0951DA3B6DD3.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 85
Have fun with your gorgeous blue Dionysus Mini and girlfriends today, @Sparkletastic.

I get excited, too, in anticipation of wearing a certain bag. In fact, I will get to wear this Massaccesi Hera in goat suede today since it will be sunny and no rain. My bag is blue, too.
View attachment 4586324
This bag is gorgeous, the colour is amazing! :faint:

My bags for the week’s showcase by brand.

Louis Vuitton:
My first high end designer bag after Coach. An ‘almost gift’ frommy sister (she paid for 90% of the bag). Stresa PM, which has been discontinued.
View attachment 4587006
A classic, Epi Alma PM from 2008
View attachment 4587003
Marc Jacobs. I still have a lot. I really enjoyed finding these bags that were very well made. I got them after the popularity of the brand has declined, so really good prices on really luxe pieces!
1984 in Terracotta
View attachment 4587000
54 in Flame Red; big sister to @ElainePG red MJ
View attachment 4587004
Single XL with baroque hardware in Cherry Blossom pink; bought this brand new from Yoox for my birthday in 2014(?)
View attachment 4587007
Single XL with baroque hardware in black; just had to have it in black with silver hardware.
View attachment 4587005
Rita in glazed leather
View attachment 4587001
All in One clutch
View attachment 4587002
And my 1 remaining RM Mini MAB as a souvenir from my crazy RM days
View attachment 4587008
Great bags, your Stresa is pretty!

Yesterday: View attachment 4588114 View attachment 4588115 Carried my orange Trim 31 in gulliver (swift) leather. Most of my H bags have some little flaw (because all are from the secondary market), which means I'm not afraid to actually use them. (Because it's a closet, not a museum.) This one has a little mark (like a small pencil line) that I haven't tried to clean because I don't know enough about this leather.
Oooh, Trim ... in Gulliver, just lovely!