2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Ever since @ElainePG mentioned the Kondo drawer folding approach, I’ve redone every drawer we have. However, I seem to have chattered on about it a little too much because Mr. S suggested I Kondo-ize my book collection. Wait, what?

:whut:

:panic:

:faint:

Sigh...

So, we spent the afternoon going through my books. There was a lot of wailing, screeching and rending of garments. But in the end I relinquished 8 large bins of books and only kept one bin.

Then the insanity spread to my Star Trek collectibles. Perhaps Mr. S. is trying to get me to file for divorce??? In our previous house, we had a Star Trek themed media room. However, we agreed (me quite reluctantly) that this house would have no “themed” rooms. <heavy sigh> So, my beloved items have been in boxes in the garage. The evil one (aka Mr. S) hauled them out and “assisted” me in sorting through those too. I have one tiiiiiiiny box left. The other 10 boxes I’m going to list on eBay in “lots” to get rid of it quickly.

So, now I sit in Half Prices Books with many of my precious things being taken away, sent away and marked for death.

I took a selfie...0C436FE8-2E42-4661-8F1A-81BBA608997F.pngAnd here is my bag of the day #8 of 10 LV Lockme II BBF4F17BA4-8CD6-4D4B-87B4-2ED3B813BC87.jpeg

Last edited:
Ever since @ElainePG mentioned the Kondo drawer folding approach, I’ve redone every drawer we have. However, I seem to have chattered on about it a little too much because Mr. S suggested I Kondo-ize my book collection. Wait, what?

Sigh...

So, we spent the afternoon going through my books. There was a lot of wailing, screeching and rending of garments. But in the end I relinquished 8 large bins of books and only kept one bins.

Then the insanity spread to my Star Trek collectibles. Perhaps Mr. S. is trying to get me to file for divorce??? In our previous house, we had a Star Trek themed media room. However, we agreed (me quite reluctantly) that this house would have no “themed” rooms. <heavy sigh> So, my beloved items have been in boxes in the garage. The evil one (aka Mr. S) hauled them out and “assisted” me in sorting through those too. I have one tiiiiiiiny box left. The other 10 boxes I’m going to list on eBay in “lots” to get rid of it quickly.

So, now I sit in Half Prices Books with my many of my precious things being taken away, sent away and marked for death.

I took a selfie...View attachment 4315698And here is my bag of the day #8 of 10 LV Lockme II BBView attachment 4315699
Sparkletastic, you are an awesome story teller. Wow, that is an aggressive gutting of both your books and your collectibles (so brave.) :eek:Can you put the funds towards purchasing something for your new house, selected by both you and Mr. Sparkle (once you recover from the shock of today, of course?) I still love your LV Lockme II BB, by the way. Sending hugs :hugs:

Sigh...

So, we spent the afternoon going through my books. There was a lot of wailing, screeching and rending of garments. But in the end I relinquished 8 large bins of books and only kept one bin.

So, now I sit in Half Prices Books with many of my precious things being taken away, sent away and marked for death.

I took a selfie...View attachment 4315698And here is my bag of the day #8 of 10 LV Lockme II BBView attachment 4315699
I also love hearing your stories!!!! Do you get to replace any of the books you are getting rid of?? You really are doing so much to declutter!

Sigh...

Argh! What a sad experience! I can part with some of my books easier than my collectibles! I love the idea that you had a Star Trek themed room. At one time, we kept saying we were going to have an Addams Family room, but we never did.

Was it good? Her newest one (Nine Perfect Strangers) is waiting for me at the library. I put it on hold in early December, but there were a lot of people who wanted it!

I really loved an earlier one of hers: What Alice Forgot.

It was good. We had a great discussion in book club. It had a bit of a disappointing end. We read her The Husband’s Secret before, which was better!

Gorgeous bag... and a beautiful photo! :heart:

Thank you!

Cool pic, I love it!

Great bag and bag charm.

Fantastic bag and outfit - you look great!

Pretty bag and great pics! I’m a fan of that Gucci Hibiscus red!

Thank you. Gucci do the best reds!

This bag is on my list! What size is yours, the mini or small?

Mine is the small. It’s a great capacity. I could just about carry the kitchen sink if I wanted :angel:

Sigh...

Great selfie Sparkle. Well done on carrying on with the decluttering drive!
I don’t declutter books en masse but I do operate a one in one out policy. I have 5 full double shelves in the lounge and 4 single shelves upstairs. As long as we don’t use more space than that, we’re good. My full colourful neat shelves of books are beautiful and give me pleasure because I’m a bookworm :smartass:

Sigh...

Did you buy any books while there? lol

Mine is the small. It’s a great capacity. I could just about carry the kitchen sink if I wanted :angel:
Haha l totally get that. Did you try on the mini size as well? I like both sizes but am leaning towards the mini size because it’s so darn cute. I just don’t want it to look tooo small. I’m also considering the super mini flap from the marmont line so I may end up with the small in the camera bag for variety:P either way I need this pretty red in my collection!

Reactions: Miss_Dawn
Haha l totally get that. Did you try on the mini size as well? I like both sizes but am leaning towards the mini size because it’s so darn cute. I just don’t want it to look tooo small. I’m also considering the super mini flap from the marmont line so I may end up with the small in the camera bag for variety:P either way I need this pretty red in my collection!
No I didn't try the mini, because I wanted it to be more flexible (no tetris playing with such a casual bag!) I love the small size and find it very easy to use.

You definitely need this red in your collection <enable!>

Sigh...

@Sparkletastic , you are toooo funny! I'm laughing and smh as I type this.

Poor you, having to divest yourself of books. And the Star Trek collectibles too??? Eek! There will be some gleeful eBayers circling your seller page like hungry sharks, for sure.

I'll betcha there's one Kondo step you didn't take, though. When you divest yourself of something, you're apparently supposed to "thank it and say goodbye." I always forget to do this step (I just make sure it's clean, fold it neatly, and put it in the give-away box), but even if I remembered, I honestly can't see myself doing it. I'd feel a little silly. :hrmm:

Sigh...

Sparkle, I love reading your posts! :P Good job on the decluttering, but ... well, it seems a little one-sided to me. What is Mr. Sparkle giving up in this purge? Or is he one of those (annoying) people who never seems to accumulate stuff?

Argh! What a sad experience! I can part with some of my books easier than my collectibles! I love the idea that you had a Star Trek themed room. At one time, we kept saying we were going to have an Addams Family room, but we never did.

I love the idea of an Addams Family room! We could conceivably have a Dr. Seuss room as we have several pieces of his artwork. But they are spread throughout the house.

DH also colllects comic book art. We have more art than we have wall space, TBH. If/when we eventually move and downsize, getting rid of some of it is going to be a major undertaking. :hrmm:

How is everyone doing with the storm? We got a few inches of snow and now it’s freezing rain. Thankfully, our snow removal service had done our front walk and steps before we even got up this morning. Unfortunately, I had to clear the back porch and yard for our dog to go out. It’s all slush and was like shoveling wet cement! And I had to do it twice because the first time, I hadn’t cleared enough space for our prima donna dog, and he refused to do anything. Fortunately, he has since “done his business” and is now napping our our bed. I’m not looking forward to the flash freeze coming later this afternoon and tonight! :annoyed: