2018 SS Chanel- Urban Companion Flap Bag Reveal~

I am so excited to share my new purchase of 2018 ss collection - Urban Companion flap bag, which just arrived this Thursday in my country local boutique! This seasonal quilted caviar square flap bag with SHW is the one i long for, since I have missed 18C black rectangular mini with SHW, the style actually reminiscent of the square mini, but bigger in size - the width is the same as the rectangular mini (20cm). The main difference from mini square is that the chain is much longer which can be worn crossbody and it has double holes for double-chain style.
It consists of 3 compartments inside, which can define space better, but it also makes the bag a bit smaller than open pouch. The size is 20cmx17xmx6cm.
There is a story behind this purchase, originally I asked my SA to keep the medium size of this style for me as I saw it in IG and i didn't know there is a smaller size, and my SA told me this bag has just arrived on Wed, and launching on Thu, i m really lucky to ask my SA Thu morning to keep for me~
When i try on the medium size, i really like the size as it is big as daily bag, however, when i wore it crossbody, it doesn't look very fit on my petite body, but it is much better when i worn it double chain. And then I asked my SA are there any smaller size for this style, then she realised there is really a smaller one and that is the only one came into boutique, not even put on the display shelf~
After trying for a while, i know that the smaller size really fit less than the medium, but the small size is good as a travel bag for putting daily essentials, while the medium one is good as work bag. To me, the small size proportion looks better than the medium one and looks more cute! so finally I picked the small one..... during my SA processing the payment, this small size bag is being asked by a few customers around! I really feel so lucky i can get this one and only one, while the medium size also came in 2 stocks only!
In terms of quality, i saw there are some other comments saying that the quality of this bag is not so good and looks like fake, but i think the bag is very structured, the only comment is the quilting is not as puffy as the classic flap/ classic minis. Further, this bag is "made in France" which is quite rare for seasonal bag, although I don't know the difference between "Made in Italy" or "Made in France".

Afterall, it is another style which is a more causal bag for travel or hanging around, just as it named "Urban Companion"
Hope this thread and the comparison photos below can help those are interested in this bag to make a plunge in it and pick the right size!
Thank you for sharing! The mod shots definitely help with the sizing.

Reactions: cocoloversisi
I just picked this bag up today (but in Navy). I came on the PF just to see what it was called as my SA removed the tag before packaging it for me and i found your thread. Thanks for the info! I really had my heart set on a rectangular mini (which I never could find) but when I tried this one on, I knew it would be more practical for me. I love the idea of wearing it cross body as well as doubled up. I don't know how it will wear in time, but I plan on enjoying it. Comparing it with your pictures, I think mine is a small? I have no idea... :smile: View attachment 3948049

I think yours is same as my size - small. Which is the smallest size for urban companion, yet it’s larger than square mini and same width as rectangular mini! Same as you, I can’t find a rectangular mini (in black) at all.... this double chain style is really a plus for this bag compared to minis! Congrats![emoji1360]

Reactions: janiepie
I am so excited to share my new purchase of 2018 ss collection - Urban Companion flap bag, which just arrived this Thursday in my country local boutique! This seasonal quilted caviar square flap bag with SHW is the one i long for, since I have missed 18C black rectangular mini with SHW, the style actually reminiscent of the square mini, but bigger in size - the width is the same as the rectangular mini (20cm). The main difference from mini square is that the chain is much longer which can be worn crossbody and it has double holes for double-chain style.
It consists of 3 compartments inside, which can define space better, but it also makes the bag a bit smaller than open pouch. The size is 20cmx17xmx6cm.
There is a story behind this purchase, originally I asked my SA to keep the medium size of this style for me as I saw it in IG and i didn't know there is a smaller size, and my SA told me this bag has just arrived on Wed, and launching on Thu, i m really lucky to ask my SA Thu morning to keep for me~
When i try on the medium size, i really like the size as it is big as daily bag, however, when i wore it crossbody, it doesn't look very fit on my petite body, but it is much better when i worn it double chain. And then I asked my SA are there any smaller size for this style, then she realised there is really a smaller one and that is the only one came into boutique, not even put on the display shelf~
After trying for a while, i know that the smaller size really fit less than the medium, but the small size is good as a travel bag for putting daily essentials, while the medium one is good as work bag. To me, the small size proportion looks better than the medium one and looks more cute! so finally I picked the small one..... during my SA processing the payment, this small size bag is being asked by a few customers around! I really feel so lucky i can get this one and only one, while the medium size also came in 2 stocks only!
In terms of quality, i saw there are some other comments saying that the quality of this bag is not so good and looks like fake, but i think the bag is very structured, the only comment is the quilting is not as puffy as the classic flap/ classic minis. Further, this bag is "made in France" which is quite rare for seasonal bag, although I don't know the difference between "Made in Italy" or "Made in France".

Afterall, it is another style which is a more causal bag for travel or hanging around, just as it named "Urban Companion"
Hope this thread and the comparison photos below can help those are interested in this bag to make a plunge in it and pick the right size!

Do you mind sharing the length of the chain drop of your small when wearing crossbody and double on shoulder ?
My medium size chain drop is 21.5 inches crossbody and 11 inches when double. Thanks

Reactions: Lealu

Congrats!! This is beautiful and thank you for all the details of this new lovely bag!