2018 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

I think I’m going to try to use Stylebook consistently starting 10/1. Does anyone who uses it have any “tricks” for getting info on my clothes in a bit easier?

Use images from the internet instead of taking pictures of everything.

If you have multiples - like 3 white t-shirts but each is slightly different - just use 1 generic white T and add a note of which one it is in your ‘look’.

Instead of thinking ‘I must do this all at once!’, do it a little at a time.

I did a lot of it while DH watched 30 seconds of everything on the television. [emoji38]

Use images from the internet instead of taking pictures of everything.

If you have multiples - like 3 white t-shirts but each is slightly different - just use 1 generic white T and add a note of which one it is in your ‘look’.

Instead of thinking ‘I must do this all at once!’, do it a little at a time.

I did a lot of it while DH watched 30 seconds of everything on the television. [emoji38]
Great hints. I’ve been using internet images because staging a photo shoot AND entering the info would drive me bonkers. Lol!

Not handbag related. But I got a collectors edition toy as a present from an ex-frenemy several years ago. I never understood the gift as I don’t collect toys. (And, of course, the relationship didn’t end over the doll. LOL! We can all accidentally give off the mark presents.)

In any case, it’s been sitting in my closet since that time. In my ruthless purging I decided to see what it was worth on eBay and found it was worth $700. I listed it this weekend and it sold. :woot: That’s totally free money!!

Who’d a thunk? Now I gotta see what else is lurking in my closet.

Not handbag related. But I got a collectors edition toy as a present from an ex-frenemy several years ago. I never understood the gift as I don’t collect toys. (And, of course, the relationship didn’t end over the doll. LOL! We can all accidentally give off the mark presents.)

In any case, it’s been sitting in my closet since that time. In my ruthless purging I decided to see what it was worth on eBay and found it was worth $700. I listed it this weekend and it sold. :woot: That’s totally free money!!

Who’d a thunk? Now I gotta see what else is lurking in my closet.
:yahoo: :yahoo:

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I have been going back and forth about get a leopard nylon bag from Mz Wallace. I like the print but I would like a smaller size. They make a micro size but that is to small. Then I was thinking a backpack. My dd totally thought they looked like lunch bags and my dh thinks it is a trend that will go away fast. I am having real shoulder issues again so only lightest of the light weight bags are working for me which these are. I put it here to get your thoughts on the matter.

i like the dark one on your shoulder best; longer handles drop and not feeling snug in the armpit, plus colour will be less maintenance and more versatile.
I was thinking of leopard in the shape you see or a backpack but I like the blue camo too. The blue camo shoulder bag I would need to buy purse gummy's for since it would not stay on my shoulder. They do have the blue camo in a small backpack too. Any suggestions for super light bags are welcome.

Last edited:
I was thinking of leopard in the shape you see or a backpack but I like the blue camo too. The blue camo shoulder bag I would need to buy purse gummy's for since it would not stay on my shoulder. They do have the blue camo in a small backpack too. Any suggestions for super light bags are welcome.

Like Ksuromax, I also prefer the solid colored one on your shoulder. But if the strap falls off your shoulder then you may have to look for alternatives.

My fuchsia pink Ferragamo tote is +/- 1.5lbs (can’t recall exactly) and the Proenza tote is 1.9lbs and comfy for me. Would you consider leather? I’m not sure about how much your budget is, just sharing my experience with these bags. [emoji3]

ETA: is your nylon Longchamp backpack not working for you? Or is it too casual for your purpose? There is the Le Pliage Club line which has the same flap leather color as the nylon.

Reactions: ksuromax
i usually opt for Kipling
array of colours, sizes, shapes, wear like iron, machine washable and not pricey

Reactions: dcooney4
i like the dark one on your shoulder best; longer handles drop and not feeling snug in the armpit, plus colour will be less maintenance and more versatile.
I agree with ksuromax.
Another thought for light bags is Longchamp and not just the nylon Le Pliage - though it comes in many sizes and in a backpack - it also comes in many leather shades and sizes, and the small cross body holds quite a bit. The Roseau tote is also very light and comes with a single shoulder strap.

I agree with ksuromax.
Another thought for light bags is Longchamp and not just the nylon Le Pliage - though it comes in many sizes and in a backpack - it also comes in many leather shades and sizes, and the small cross body holds quite a bit. The Roseau tote is also very light and comes with a single shoulder strap.
does the Longchamp have lining? or it's just one layer of the cloth?
Coz my Kiplings are lighed, and it really helps a lot, if i spill something inside, it does not leak/stain the outside, plus 2 layers of fabric help to hold the shape better, i.e. if you have a book inside it will not poke out so that everyone can tell - there's a book inside the bag, ykwim?

Like Ksuromax, I also prefer the solid colored one on your shoulder. But if the strap falls off your shoulder then you may have to look for alternatives.

My fuchsia pink Ferragamo tote is +/- 1.5lbs (can’t recall exactly) and the Proenza tote is 1.9lbs and comfy for me. Would you consider leather? I’m not sure about how much your budget is, just sharing my experience with these bags. [emoji3]

ETA: is your nylon Longchamp backpack not working for you? Or is it too casual for your purpose? There is the Le Pliage Club line which has the same flap leather color as the nylon.
The Longchamp backpack is super light and good if I am walking for hours, but getting my phone in and out of it as a pain. My usual go to would be my crossbody bags, but yesterday I wore my lightest one and it hit me exactly wear my shoulder was hurting . I don't want to spend over $250.00 on a bag unless I absolutely adore it. Since once it heals I have a lovely selection of bags.

The Longchamp backpack is super light and good if I am walking for hours, but getting my phone in and out of it as a pain. My usual go to would be my crossbody bags, but yesterday I wore my lightest one and it hit me exactly wear my shoulder was hurting . I don't want to spend over $250.00 on a bag unless I absolutely adore it. Since once it heals I have a lovely selection of bags.
i get Kiplings on sale at +/- 50-75$ range

does the Longchamp have lining? or it's just one layer of the cloth?
Coz my Kiplings are lighed, and it really helps a lot, if i spill something inside, it does not leak/stain the outside, plus 2 layers of fabric help to hold the shape better, i.e. if you have a book inside it will not poke out so that everyone can tell - there's a book inside the bag, ykwim?
The nylon LC are not lined.
And - yeah - I know what you mean. I'm not fond of them, but they are light weight and serve a purpose! I only have one LC - the large Neo - so it's more sturdy/structured than the just plain nylon ones that come in many colors. It also has a lining of some sort - I'm not sure what it is!
The leather bags are lined though.