2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Angie Ong
Sooo...I checked on the Max Mara bag and the info my BFF looked up for me was in error. (Never send a non purse lover to do a purse lovers job. LOL!) If I buy the bag in the states it will be almost $600 more expensive. That's 40% higher. :whut: Sooooo...since MM is an Italian brand, I'm going to hope that I can get it during our last stop in Rome. That way I only have to drag it on my non stop back to the US. Dragging it from city to city would be a pain. The "good" thing is that if this bag comes with a box I won't want / need to take it with me. That will save space.

I'm curious do you tend to keep your boxes for bags, jewelry, etc or discard them? I tend to keep boxes.
What Max Mara Whitney bag color are you considering getting? Hope you are able to get one in Rome.

I only have received 2 boxed bags so far - 1 my LV Stresa and the other my Marc Jacobs Single. I have kept the LV box as a souvenir, but it's stored in the upper portion of my wardrobe cabinet with no practical use. The MJ box unfortunately was eaten by termites. (Yes, we do have those termites here and I have to have annual maintenance.)

Lol, once you catch the chanel bug, u can never go back [emoji23][emoji106]
I have to put a chain on my wallet hahahha... or my BF will be going mad as we come back to Paris every year and he is not going to be happy every time he has to follow me to get the bags!!!! But he is contradicting sometimes because he will be saying as long as I'm happy he is happy too but when he follows, he tend to get grumpy.

The SA at LV was like telling me, don't worry, all men are the same hahahha...

I have to put a chain on my wallet hahahha... or my BF will be going mad as we come back to Paris every year and he is not going to be happy every time he has to follow me to get the bags!!!! But he is contradicting sometimes because he will be saying as long as I'm happy he is happy too but when he follows, he tend to get grumpy.

Enjoy your purchases [emoji8]

Here is my mini reveal of my beauties! Thanks for letting me share!!!

My FLP Daily Battle 37 with tassel
View attachment 3713554
My FLP Pochette
View attachment 3713555
My Chanel Filigree Flap
View attachment 3713556
View attachment 3713557
My LV Cluny BB
View attachment 3713558
View attachment 3713559

Love them all!!! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
Beautiful purchases, Angie Ong! Quite a haul!

@Sparkletastic I did not used to keep boxes, or even take them, as many purchases were when traveling. I have been paying more attention to keeping boxes now, as it does seem to help when reselling.

I am keeping my Hermès boxes, all of them. The boxes for handbags, take up a lot of room though.

I enjoy lurking on the Paris trip for Hermès thread. There have been very detailed posts on how to bring your big orange box home when traveling! [emoji3]

Here is my mini reveal of my beauties! Thanks for letting me share!!!

My FLP Daily Battle 37 with tassel
View attachment 3713554
My FLP Pochette
View attachment 3713555
My Chanel Filigree Flap
View attachment 3713556
View attachment 3713557
My LV Cluny BB
View attachment 3713558
View attachment 3713559

Love them all!!! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Fantastic haul!!

Haha, my DBF is like that too. "You can't buy this many bags all the time"

Then when the opportunity comes "that's awesome, get it."

Your trip to Paris ended greatly. Glad that the first Chanel trip didn't put you off from trying again. Boo on bad SAs!

Reactions: vink and Angie Ong
Beautiful purchases, Angie Ong! Quite a haul!

@Sparkletastic I did not used to keep boxes, or even take them, as many purchases were when traveling. I have been paying more attention to keeping boxes now, as it does seem to help when reselling.

I am keeping my Hermès boxes, all of them. The boxes for handbags, take up a lot of room though.

I enjoy lurking on the Paris trip for Hermès thread. There have been very detailed posts on how to bring your big orange box home when traveling! [emoji3]

Yes am keeping all the boxes and also declaring the purchases when I go home. Our tax is only at 7% so it is still cheaper than comparing buying in my City!!!

It is better to declare then get caught! Give me a peace of mind too. Next year is going to be another spree hahaha... so till next year I'm gonna be on ban island for a while. But meantime I'm gonna enjoy the most of the bags!!!

Fantastic haul!!

Haha, my DBF is like that too. "You can't buy this many bags all the time"

Then when the opportunity comes "that's awesome, get it."

Your trip to Paris ended greatly. Glad that the first Chanel trip didn't put you off from trying again. Boo on bad SAs!

Yes I think it was great at the 2nd Chanel too! I'm glad I went because I told my bf that instead of giving the money to Chanel I'm going to give to Monyat!! But my bf persuaded me to try again!!! [emoji4][emoji4] Love him for that sometimes!!!

Sooo...I checked on the Max Mara bag and the info my BFF looked up for me was in error. (Never send a non purse lover to do a purse lovers job. LOL!) If I buy the bag in the states it will be almost $600 more expensive. That's 40% higher. :whut: Sooooo...since MM is an Italian brand, I'm going to hope that I can get it during our last stop in Rome. That way I only have to drag it on my non stop back to the US. Dragging it from city to city would be a pain. The "good" thing is that if this bag comes with a box I won't want / need to take it with me. That will save space.

I'm curious do you tend to keep your boxes for bags, jewelry, etc or discard them? I tend to keep boxes.
If it's any kind of a "special" box, you know something different than your ordinary box, I save. Others go.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Status
Not open for further replies.