2017 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good reflection, msd!

I relate to only looking at certain brands now, and it really has to be spectacular for me to really consider a different brand.

I also understand the desire for higher end brands, and since we aren't flaunting it to show off, but to boost our own confidence, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Boo on your bully. There's one in every work place it seems. Wish they'd all be at one place to leave us alone and bully each other.

Can't wait to see your scarf!
Thanks for understanding my musings. :smile:

The scarf is a light blue Armets en Panache. I have a lot of darker blue blouses and the light blue will give a nice contrast.

I've relaxed a bit in terms of wanting bags left and right. Maybe I'm happy with what I have right now or also partly because this is a busy time at work. I have a trip to Macau next month, but I really don't plan to buy anything. But of course, sometimes we do unplanned purchases, lol. If I'm able to stick to my plan, I will only have 1 (or at most 2) bag purchase for the year, and that will be around Black Friday.. Unfortunately, I have not sold any bag after my sales in January.

Lately, when I browse, I only look at certain brands - MCM, AMQueen, Saint Laurent, Dolce & Gabbana, Longchamp and Furla. Plus Massaccesi. This is good as it limits my lusting. I like a lot of the Furla bags I see lately, but I have a realization. Though sometimes a contemporary brand bag looks and feels luxe to me, I just desire a "higher" brand. Part of the realization is I feel more confident in certain settings when I have a premiere brand with me. For example, when I go to outside meetings with people from private companies in our industry, I prefer to use my "more" branded but discreet branding bags. These ladies earn much more than me for sure because I am from a government corporation and pay is standardized. But I want them to feel that we are equal (just my mindset), even if in salaries we are not. Actually, generally they are nice, it's just a specific senior and old lady I am thinking about right now who is a natural bully. In everyday in-office setting, I'm comfortable with contemporary but quality bags.

My stay in Pause Peninsula will also cover shoes and scarves I hope. Although I must report that I have just purchased a H scarf from ebay, but it is in a colorway that I have earlier identified as a need.
I totally feel you!!
At my first official business meeting i felt like i was wrong to the party, all ladies had chanel-ysl flaps, and i had my non-branded italian leather bag.... i am not doing it for them (otherwise i'd opt for LOGO brands) but carrying a high end bag now boosts my confidence and feeling 'right-to-the-place' :smile: so, yes, i am with you :hugs:
congrats on your scarf, nice cw, i saw your post in AT in H :tup: please, post pics once you get it!

I totally feel you!!
At my first official business meeting i felt like i was wrong to the party, all ladies had chanel-ysl flaps, and i had my non-branded italian leather bag.... i am not doing it for them (otherwise i'd opt for LOGO brands) but carrying a high end bag now boosts my confidence and feeling 'right-to-the-place' :smile: so, yes, i am with you :hugs:
congrats on your scarf, nice cw, i saw your post in AT in H :tup: please, post pics once you get it!
I hope you don't mind when I say I'm glad to know of somebody who was in this boat too. :flowers: I knew you would see my post in the H scarf AT.
wink.gif

ETA: I've had that scarf in my watch list since last month. But it was priced $20 higher then. I was still resisting. Finally bit the bullet when price was lowered.

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind when I say I'm glad to know of somebody who was in this boat too. :flowers: I knew you would see my post in the H scarf AT.
wink.gif

ETA: I've had that scarf in my watch list since last month. But it was priced $20 higher then. I was still resisting. Finally bit the bullet when price was lowered.
i absolutely don't!! :hugs:
it was a 5 years journey for me, from unknown someone to turn into one of the top players in the field, now even some people don't know the name of the boss, but everyone knows me ... that was evolution and i needed some doping at some points of this stressful and hard-working trip, and bags 've become this doping for me :smile: harmless (health wise) doping :biggrin:

i absolutely don't!! :hugs:
it was a 5 years journey for me, from unknown someone to turn into one of the top players in the field, now even some people don't know the name of the boss, but everyone knows me ... that was evolution and i needed some doping at some points of this stressful and hard-working trip, and bags 've become this doping for me :smile: harmless (health wise) doping :biggrin:
Thanks for sharing this! And on doping on bags, harmful wealth wise! Lol! :biggrin:

Hello all *wave*! I have been absent for a few days because I am travelling in Japan. I have missed so many posts! Now, there are these vintage handbag shops all over the place - are they reliable? Any experiences? Greetings from Kyoto!

I just inserted the above link to a YouTuber's channel that I follow; melinmelbourne. She just came back from a lux shopping holiday in Japan and vlogged her visits to some vintage designer shops. Hope this will be of help [emoji106]

Reactions: minoxa33
Hello all *wave*! I have been absent for a few days because I am travelling in Japan. I have missed so many posts! Now, there are these vintage handbag shops all over the place - are they reliable? Any experiences? Greetings from Kyoto!

Hi there! Hope you are enjoying your trip. Generally they are reliable since they are regulated/issued license by the government. I had bought from stores in Tokyo and Osaka. All good! And good deals! [emoji39]

Status
Not open for further replies.