2016 Saddle Bag Club!

Saddle wasn't on my wishlist till I saw them in store.(I should ban myself from shopping around.) Especially the Burnished Leather ones, the leather look so beautiful! May I ask how is the wear and tear of Glovetanned Leather Saddles? It seems they scratch easily.

Reactions: MooMooVT
Saddle wasn't on my wishlist till I saw them in store.(I should ban myself from shopping around.) Especially the Burnished Leather ones, the leather look so beautiful! May I ask how is the wear and tear of Glovetanned Leather Saddles? It seems they scratch easily.
I have a Burnished Grey Saddle I've been using here and there since Feb 17 and a burnished Saddle Saddle since September. Neither have any scratches or scuffs to speak of - though I'm as gentle on bags as practical. The glovetanned leather will show scratches more than a pebbled leather, but I find the burnishing helps hid the wear more than the flat colors. I have a Saddle Dinky (not burnished) as well and I feel the Dinky shows marks more than the Burnished Saddle Saddle.

I also think marks, scuffs, and the natural wear of the leather will produce a well loved look that works nicely with the burnishing.

If you like the burnished saddle, I say go for it and embrace the scratches that do come (while buffing them out when you can). The bag will age beautifully and normal wear will only enhance it!

Last edited:
I have a Burnished Grey Saddle I've been using here and there since Feb 17 and a burnished Saddle Saddle since September. Neither have any scratches or scuffs to speak of - though I'm as gentle on bags as practical. The glovetanned leather will show scratches more than a pebbled leather, but I find the burnishing helps hid the wear more than the flat colors. I have a Saddle Dinky (not burnished) as well and I feel the Dinky shows marks more than the Burnished Saddle Saddle.

I also think marks, scuffs, and the natural wear of the leather will produce a well loved look that works nicely with the burnishing.

If you like the burnished saddle, I say go for it and embrace the scratches that do come (while buffing them out when you can). The bag will age beautifully and normal wear will only enhance it!
Thank you very much! It is very helpful! I'm thinking of getting Burnished Saddle in Dark Denim or Bordeaux. It's great to hear that Burnishing hid the wear better than flat colors. I recently purchased a glovetanned Dinky. It's a spring/summer color so I haven't worn it yet.

Reactions: MooMooVT
Thank you very much! It is very helpful! I'm thinking of getting Burnished Saddle in Dark Denim or Bordeaux. It's great to hear that Burnishing hid the wear better than flat colors. I recently purchased a glovetanned Dinky. It's a spring/summer color so I haven't worn it yet.
Here are a couple of my non burnished ones. They've gotten a lot of use and even survived a trip to Vegas. There are scratches, but I think they add character. Also, I included a side by side with my burnished olive. The last picture is a very beat up and we'll loved cornflower. It is super soft and scratches have blended in in most spots.

Congratulations, saddle is an awesome bag!

Attachments

• IMG_20171229_171900_01.jpg
    IMG_20171229_171900_01.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 606
Here are a couple of my non burnished ones. They've gotten a lot of use and even survived a trip to Vegas. There are scratches, but I think they add character. Also, I included a side by side with my burnished olive. The last picture is a very beat up and we'll loved cornflower. It is super soft and scratches have blended in in most spots.

Congratulations, saddle is an awesome bag!
Thank you! You have an amazing collection!

Reactions: holiday123