2007 carousel cadena (pics)

It is fabulous! I just can't imagine that Hermès would make a cadena that would damage a purse. If so, shame on them! For me a design works well when it has both form and function. Let's hope that this one is a combo of both, as well.

Hmmm, I don't think this one will work for me at all. I like to wear my cadenas as a necklace on a black silk cord. I prefer the cadenas that hang flat. Cute, though!

^^ shopmom, I've noted your feedback on this cadena at the time you first posted about it. It looks like it's highly possible for a smiley to develop on the bag if it's hung from the clochette. I certainly won't do that. What I intend to do, is to hang it from the turnkey. :yes:

Good idea MrsS--I'm so used to hanging mine off the tirette that I usually prefer cadenas that hang flush against the bag so no smiley issues but this one may have to go on the turnkey or as GK suggested, on the end of my Bolide. I have to say it's a lot prettier than I imagined it to be! Thanks so much for posting pictures!

i would think that wing would scratch up a bag pretty well. i think it looks very lovely though.
i had hoped it would be a regular horse though, not another pegasus.

It's really cute! But I'd kinda worry about all of the pointy little pieces damaging a bag. I think the elephants and such were a good, cute idea because they were flat and fairly rounded, but this one has sharp points that I would be afraid would scratch/pierce the outer part of a bag :s

Looked at it again and.........I'm just not a fan. Too bulky for me. I was really hoping for a ballerina (this IS the year of the dance after all) or a horse (not a Pegasus) on a pole with a narrow base and it would have made sense for it to move in some way. Maybe this one does and we don't know it yet....

Ah well.....this just means I'm on a serious hunt for those other locks I don't have...

I love how they really have captured movement in the piece, but think it may hang a little funny on my bags (even if on the turnkey-thinga-majig on my kelly- highly technical term, I know!) I can't wait to see who will be the first to model it though, because it is charming.

HNE

Thanks for the picures.
I can't decide whether I like it for my bags though; I agree with 2Muchluxthat it possibly too awkward to hang from a bag. I am surprised that they picked a carousel horse for the Year of Dance. Does anyone have an idea of price or size? I imagine it will be about the size of last years sail boat.