2.55 Dark Silver: Classic or Trendy? Be honest.

I have size 226 in the dark silver calfskin purchased in November and love it. Light silver calfskin size 226 arriving tomorrow from Chanel boutique. Was lucky to find since SA said there were very few available in the country as it is from the 2008 fall collection. I believe she said she had two and Beverly Hills had a couple.

I switch my bag almost every day and the dark silver has been a great addition to my rotation this winter. The light silver will be as well, especially for summer. I also got the purple French style wallet with the embossed camillia. Another awesome addition to my collection as I change my wallet to coordinate with my handbag.

Silver goes with everything and will always be in style. You can't go wrong with this bag in either dark or light silver in any size you are comfortable with and I believe it can be worn for everyday. I am forty-nine by the way. This bag is definitly not trendy!

hey babina, if you don't mind me asking, may i know which boutique you got your silver calfskin bag from/or if possible, the tel number? i've been looking for the dark silver for ages but so far all the boutiques i've called up are sold out!! thanks so much! :smile:

Oh Geez.....I love my 2007 DK silver metallic and I am way past my 40's, do not consider it trendy at all, wear daytime all the time..........love this bag.....thinking of getting the dark brown metallic.........the Dk Silver goes with everything and goes to the movies, the mall, dinner out.....outdoor art fairs........everywhere........and gets soooo many compliments.......love it, H

mypp: I got the light silver from the Chanel boutique in Short Hills, NJ; phone (973) 912-8055. I don't know if they have the dark silver. Were you able to get it from Florida?

I think it is trendy. That is why I haven't purchased any metallic bags so far. It is a beautiful bag though so if you love it, get it. Who cares if it is trendy!

I'm another DS lover. I have a 2007 DS reissue in 225 size and love it. I bought it for evening, but have ended up using it more during the day because its great messenger style. I think any age looks good in a reissue, so classic.

I think its a classic. I use to think it was trendy until I purchased one myself and saw it for my own eyes!! Its a classic shape with a modern twist, which I love. I have the 07 DS and it looks so chic when you wear black.

I don't think the bag is too trendy: the color is dark and deep in hue and the shape is classic. It does stand out more than the black classic but I like the difference, it outwardly shows your personality/character. Other than the light silver or pale gold, I think the rest of the colors are trendy.

P.S. I have the dark silver in the 226. so I may be a bit biased.

Although the color & shape of the bag is a classic, the metallic finish makes it an overall trendy bag. Metallics have come & gone over the years while classics are always here. Therefore, this bag is too trendy. I'm young & conservative. IMHO, I cannot picture myself carrying this bag when I'm in my 40s or 60s because it would look like I'm trying too hard. (But that's just me.) There are other classic bags on the market. What it really narrows down to is your personality. If you love it, you should get it. Life's too short.