1st time I got annoyed with "commoness" of speedy

I know, I know...I was on line to pay for something at a dept store and of course someone on line had one (mono). It is so true. But just think that you see so many wearing it simply because it IS a great bag and always looks great. Everyone wears it differently. All that matters is that the bag works for you and you feel good wearing it. It really is the one bag I never tire of or think of selling. It's a staple (like the Little Black Dress):yes:
:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Speedies haven't become quite that common in my area (luckily!). But, I understand your frustration. I am slowly becoming one of those people that sticks with LE bags because I like the idea of being one in a handful in my area that is carrying that particular bag. I flirt with the idea of getting rid of my Speedy but I just can't bring myself to do it. It will always be one of the most functional bags in my collection.

I can understand where you might get that twinge of annoyance.
But, I always figure that it is is MY bag on My arm, you know?
It's similar to when people say that they really like roses, but don't want a rose tattoo because everyone has them. Well, only that person can have a rose on their shoulder.......that's what makes it special.
I still want a mono speedy though! Consider it a sisterhood!

I saw 3 azur speedy 25s at a chinese mall in the span of the 2 minutes it took for me to walk from the door to the first store....LOL

That's why I've put off buying the azur speedy even though I would love it as an everyday bag. I'm still torn about the speedy or the saleya or to wait for the damier neverful....*sigh*

I know what you mean. One of the first times I used my Speedy Mono. 25 was out to dinner in a nice restaurant. I had 'her' proudly sitting on a chair next to me. Two teenagers came in with their parents with the same bags. I assumed they were fake because the girls were so young. My server said 'you must all shop at the same store.! I haven't used it since, although she's a great bag. It kind of ruined it for me!!

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I know what you mean. One of the first times I used my Speedy Mono. 25 was out to dinner in a nice restaurant. I had 'her' proudly sitting on a chair next to me. Two teenagers came in with their parents with the same bags. I assumed they were fake because the girls were so young. My server said 'you must all shop at the same store.! I haven't used it since, although she's a great bag. It kind of ruined it for me!!

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Totally! I wouldn't like to receive that comment from the waiter.

I notice also that Speedy are carried by many teenagers.

I agree with you too!! I love my Speedy to death! But when I see too many people carry it while I'm carry it, I feel a little embarrassed and annoyed. Then I start to wonder which one is fake HAHHAHAA

The mono speedy is probably always going to be LV's most popular handbags. I was actually suprised not to see one when I went out to the basketball game last night - a neverfull, damier dumo, and several azur speedys, but no mono speedy. Because of that people will always love it. My handbags always have to be a little bit different. I have to hang charms or scarves off of them to make them mine.

But if you're looking for THE iconic LV bag...the mono speedy is it.

I am with you... I rarely carry my mono and damier speedies for this reason. I still enjoy my LE speedies (mirage, dentelle) and my neo. I thought about selling my mono and damier speedies but have decided to save them for my tween age daughter when she gets older.

Yeah, I don't actually own a mono 25 or 30 for that reason. All my speedies are LE except for one mono 35, which is a bigger size than one usually sees. I see where you're coming from--time for an Aquarelle, honey!

i think its great to see women with good taste! :tup:(were not talking fakes here right?????:nogood:) so - its like being on the pf- we all likes bags- now we get to see other people:okay:---- i love to see other people wearing lv- it makes me smile.... i smile at them and give them a bit of happiness in their day.:yes:. i would like that kind of treatment for sure. kwim... :love:

Wow!! That's crazy! I live in Vegas, so it's pretty big......don't really end up at one place with a lot of people carrying the same bag. I see a lot of LV....real and fake, but not there's a variety.

It is common but that's because it's so classic and timeless. I don't care. The bag I see most nowadays is the Neverfull. They are everywhere!