1997- 10 years already! Who/What/Where?

In June 1997 I was in between my first and second years of college. I was so bummed to not see my friends over the summer, even though most of them lived within a few hours of me! Spent my summer working at a grocery store. Went to a few fun concerts over the summer.

One of the things I remember most about that summer was the death of Princess Diana.

wow! 10 years ago! :lol: seems like such a long time! [ great thread btw .. fun to think back! ]

.. let's see .. i was graduating 8th grade! total girlie girl .. i remember being very into ROXY clothes! haha! that year was kinda bittersweet for me, because i was going to a different high school then all of my friends, tough at first, but so glad i made the choice because i made some definite forever friends in high school! .. now i'm 23 and hair stylist doing pretty well for my self! so crazy it's been 10 years since all that! whoa how time flies!

It's been 30 years for me. The Class of 1977 at New Rochelle High School, New Rochelle, NY.

Never went to any reunions. Have no desire to. I stay in touch with a few people. I was very shy in HS (you would never know it if you met me!) and sorta stayed to myself. I was a book nerd. I didnt even graduate with my class in June of that year because I was done in January of that year. I made it a goal to graduate early.

The past is the past. I dont walk down memory lane very often over my high school days.

Great remarks people- it is good to go over what you've done and maybe what you should do if you aren't happy with the things you never learned from? (does that make sense?)

ugh. I need to plan a reunion--- but I told them the past two years- that we're probably going to just have a prime rib dinner + a big bon fire on the beach- I need to make invitations........ like I said. ugh. oh well- gotta do what we gotta do right?!

So- it's been 10 years since I graduated from high school- wow- 10 years and 10 days to be exact! I can remember May 8 like it was yesterday- but so much has changed since then!

In 1997 I had no clue about purses period! I mean I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between a Coach or an LV! Today I am filled with quite a bit of knowledge- but not even nearly enough to be able to "authenticate" by myself! haha~

I was about to turn down acceptance to Arizona State University and an internship for our Senator Ted Stevens in Washington DC- I did that for a BF who was a very bad guy and now that I look back- those are two regrets I have.... not the BF- I grew a lot as a person because of that relationship :rolleyes:

I ended up going to our in state University in Anchorage and failed miserably! I focused on friends and didn't want to participate in class! I think I rebelled because in HS I was a straight A student who participated in EVERYTHING! Band President, Honor Society Treasurer, Student Council Rep---- so many other things too.

Anywhoo! I guess this year is called a "hallmark" year because of the 10 year mark I have passed! wow!

Today I am married almost 5 years and we have a 5 year old son- I've lived the military life- my DH was a Marine from 2001 til 2005, he joined before 9/11 and his dream was fulfilled! wow~ who would've guess 9/11! I've gone through 2 deployments~ high five MILITARY WIVES- stay strong women! Y'all are the heart of our armed forces- I pray for you and your families!

So- now I have 3 more semesters until I'm finished with my Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences! I'm going to Medical School probably most likely the Fall of 2009 and want to be an MD! I've wanted to be an MD since I was 5. And I remember that day when somebody asked me what I wanted to be----- :idea: haha~

anywhoo- thanks for reading if you still are! What were you doing in 1997? How old were you? Were you into purses? What kind? How have you evolved since then?

wooohooo!!! Military Wife in the house!!! :party:

1997 - I was an incoming 2nd yr student in the Phils.. had to leave school because we finally got our Immigrant Visas! The best thing that ever happened to me and my family. :tup:

In 1997, I was 23, working in my first professional job post-college, and met the man who was to become my husband. 10 years later, I'm working in a completely different field, and that boy and I are still together....and we're parents to two kids. The last 10 years flew by so quickly. I can't believe that in another quickie 10 years, I'll have two teenagers!

1997 - wow.

In the summer I went and performed in Australia and New Zealand...haven't been back since, although I'd really love to.

I also remember doing so much homework for my upcoming AP English classes...entered my Senior year of HS in August 97.

Things have definitely changed since then! I remember loving Hard Candy and shopping at Forever 21 (when it was just a small store). I loved the Spice Girls, Smashing Pumpkins, and Spin Doctors. I had seen Alanis in concert the summer before.

In 1997 i was 6 years old..A children^^
Now I'm 16 and I go to a hig school..In a Liceo Classico,for study latin,greek and classic subject.In this year I have changed many friends and many school,but now I've very happy.

I graduated grammar school in 1997. 10 years later I have 3 more diplomas: high school (valedictorian! the only benefit of which is being able to say "I was valedictorian!"), university (summa cum laude for my BS), and I just finished my MS. This is my second semester teaching at the university where I did my masters. Fundamental to everything that has happened since, is the fact that 10 years ago I couldn't draw a reasonable stick figure, but now I've worked (and publicly shown my work) in a variety of media. As of this month, I have a piece of mine hanging in a show in Manhattan -- I'm slowly creeping up the ladder of credibility. I've met the man I want to be with for the rest of my life and over these 10 years I've met the most incredible people and now have a wonderful group of friends. When I was younger, I always had a purse fixation (had to have something snazzy to hold whatever books I was reading!) and now I'm chuffed to have some cool Bal bags.

In 1997 I was about to take a wild ride on the dot.com wave. We were young and rich (on paper at least) and the world was ours. But we were really just regular kids with more $$$$$$ than common sense. A lot of those guys never recovered after it all ended. It was fun while it lasted though.