17P vs 17C black caviar boys

I found lining of 17P black caviar boy not touching the bottom of the bag.

SA said they examined all the bags and all the 17P caviar boys are the same as Chanel changed their techniques [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]I really doubt that's the case!

Any 17P caviar boys can attest to that?

This is very interesting. I found that the lining was somewhat "detached" and not touching the bottom in my friend's 16A caviar boy too! But that caviar leather was quite soft, almost like a calfskin. I was thinking that Chanel intentionally did that to avoid bulging/sagging bottom. Does anyone else with 16A caviar boy notice this in their bags?

This is my 17P. I don't know if you can tell but it seems like the caviar is so soft that it's sinking in a little by the metal CCs. This is a brand new unworn bag. The LGHW looks more silver and shinier in person. View attachment 3578110View attachment 3578111

The clasp applies pressure on the leather and its pretty common on boys!

Congrats! The boy is wonderful! Do you see the lining much higher up not close to the bottom?

I get what you are saying about light colors. Sometimes the Ruth can look too dark. But I love it with Black. I'm just more of a Silver/Ruthenium girl then gold overall.

Not sure what you mean with the lining? The inside lining doesn't seem like it reaches the bottom of the bag?

Correct! The inside lining sits pretty high up on the one i got. Lining isn't touching or close to touching the bottom! I've compared with a few boys I got and this is not right but SA kept saying she looked at all in stock and that's how 17P were made

This is very interesting. I found that the lining was somewhat "detached" and not touching the bottom in my friend's 16A caviar boy too! But that caviar leather was quite soft, almost like a calfskin. I was thinking that Chanel intentionally did that to avoid bulging/sagging bottom. Does anyone else with 16A caviar boy notice this in their bags?
Exactly!!! They raised the lining up to prevent the sagging leather issue I think the inevitable would have happen to all leathers over a period of time. I'm glad they made this change actually. I would not be happy seeing that bottom sagging lower than the flap

Exactly!!! They raised the lining up to prevent the sagging leather issue I think the inevitable would have happen to all leathers over a period of time. I'm glad they made this change actually. I would not be happy seeing that bottom sagging lower than the flap

Such a relief to hear that your 16A has the same "raised" lining? For a minute, I was worried that she got a defect as my calfskin's lining isnt lifted from the leather at all. I just saw this not too long ago, and my friend has been using her bag so exchanging wasnt an option. Luckily I didnt say anything to her when I noticed the lining cuz I didnt want her to feel bad about the bag. Thanks so much for confirming this [emoji4]

Hi do you have this bag? How does the leather feel? Is it soft or hard to touch? I like this version better than the one with shiny gold hardware.

How is the leather on this any different? They are both shiny the only difference I see is the color of the leather and the hardware. Can you please explain. Thanks.

Is the 17P caviar the first time Chanel introduced the plastic shiny cheap material? I got the black 17P and was disappointed. Now I'm contenplating the ivory caviar which looks less sheen but still plasticky. Not sure if I should wait to see if they make a matte ivory caviar but since this is the first time they made ivory color in Le boy, not sure if they will have matte caviar.

I feel that they made this plastic caviar to save on costs. The old matte caviar feels so much more high end.

Is the 17P caviar the first time Chanel introduced the plastic shiny cheap material? I got the black 17P and was disappointed. Now I'm contenplating the ivory caviar which looks less sheen but still plasticky. Not sure if I should wait to see if they make a matte ivory caviar but since this is the first time they made ivory color in Le boy, not sure if they will have matte caviar.

I feel that they made this plastic caviar to save on costs. The old matte caviar feels so much more high end.

The Caviar is not plastic or cheap. It has a sheen on it. You either prefer a shine to it or you don't. If you think its plastic or cheap why would you want to get it in another color? You are better off just skipping it.

From the pictures provided that one with shiny gold hardware the leather seems to be less puffy. On the other hand, the one with ruthenium hardware the leather seems to be more puffy.

I was hoping someone who has/had 17P boy with ruthenium could confirm that if it's soft or hard to touch compared to classic flap in caviar. :smile:

From the pictures provided that one with shiny gold hardware the leather seems to be less puffy. On the other hand, the one with ruthenium hardware the leather seems to be more puffy.

I was hoping someone who has/had 17P boy with ruthenium could confirm that if it's soft or hard to touch compared to classic flap in caviar. :smile:

I have the classic flap in Caviar and the 17P doesn't feel anything like it. The 17P is a softer material and doesn't feel as sturdy in my opinion. Also, I feel the puff of the quilts on the 17P will flatten easily where as the caviar on my classic will hold it's shape longer. I can try to post a picture later, if that helps?

The Caviar is not plastic or cheap. It has a sheen on it. You either prefer a shine to it or you don't. If you think its plastic or cheap why would you want to get it in another color? You are better off just skipping it.

I should clarify, the 17P FEELS cheap in my opinion and the shine makes it look plastic. Where as the ivory is a lighter color so the shine isn't as noticeable. The feel however doesn't change. Because the shine on the ivory isn't as noticeable compare to the black I'm considering it.

Reactions: Samuestar
I have the classic flap in Caviar and the 17P doesn't feel anything like it. The 17P is a softer material and doesn't feel as sturdy in my opinion. Also, I feel the puff of the quilts on the 17P will flatten easily where as the caviar on my classic will hold it's shape longer. I can try to post a picture later, if that helps?

Thank you. More photos will always help.