17C vs 17A black caviar boys

Elsa2006, I tried on the same medium caviar Boy with aged gold hardware at my local Neiman a few weeks ago and the caviar was matte just like that. I think it's gorgeous for a more casual bag, but I ended up going with a lambskin Boy because I wanted to be able to bring it out for more formal events too.

FWIW the brushed gold hardware on my lambskin Boy also has tarnished "distressed" bits on the gold chain but the SA assured me that was part of the look, and you can't see it from a distance so I'm not too worried about it either

Yes, there are areas that are silver-ish on my chain as well. Personally, I like it that way as I can use it and worry free. I don't like the shiny hardware fearing of scratches so this distressed style is much better.

And I agree, the slightly deflated quilts are not obvious. It's my understanding all 17a boys are this way. I love the feel and the look of this leather so i will keep it. :smile:

That's a good point, I have seen non-distressed boy chains that did not held up well from wear.
Comparing our 17A boys, the caviar and quilts look pretty much identical. I actually like the flat look, especially since it's different compared to the tufted quilts on my CF.

Elsa2006, I tried on the same medium caviar Boy with aged gold hardware at my local Neiman a few weeks ago and the caviar was matte just like that. I think it's gorgeous for a more casual bag, but I ended up going with a lambskin Boy because I wanted to be able to bring it out for more formal events too.

FWIW the brushed gold hardware on my lambskin Boy also has tarnished "distressed" bits on the gold chain but the SA assured me that was part of the look, and you can't see it from a distance so I'm not too worried about it either

I saw the lambskin boy, it's gorgeous! I use my CF for special events and it pretty much sits in the closet otherwise, so I wanted something a little casual for my second Chanel. Surprisingly, my husband said something that made sense, "the chain looks like the gold version of the silver [ruthenium] chain". :smile:

Reactions: teagongfu
Hi ladies! '
Does anyone have the 17C boy in black caviar with GHW (A67086 Y61169)? If so, is the GWH a brushed/matte gold? Does it have small parts where it's almost silver?

I just purchased the 17A (67086 Y33062), only my second Chanel so I am unfamiliar with seasonal differences and boys in general. My chain is a brushed/matte gold and has some small parts where it's almost silver. I am not entirely sure if like that. Also, the caviar is quite matte. I wonder if the 17C caviar is shinier?

View attachment 3707753
Hi
Is the sticker inside does have chanel written on the right side?
My one dont have, is that normal?
Thanks in advance