17C vs 17A black caviar boys

Elsa2006

Nov 24, 2015
Hi ladies! '
Does anyone have the 17C boy in black caviar with GHW (A67086 Y61169)? If so, is the GWH a brushed/matte gold? Does it have small parts where it's almost silver?

I just purchased the 17A (67086 Y33062), only my second Chanel so I am unfamiliar with seasonal differences and boys in general. My chain is a brushed/matte gold and has some small parts where it's almost silver. I am not entirely sure if like that. Also, the caviar is quite matte. I wonder if the 17C caviar is shinier?

IMG_7619.jpg

Last edited:

andreaxabc

Feb 26, 2013
It's hard to say because I don't have both bags side by side but it looks very similar to the 17C boy that I have.

The link below is to my reveal thread where I have pictures and they look almost identical. In terms of shine, mine is fairly matte and will only shine a bit in photos depending on the light. The hardware looks almost the same although I don't have any silver spots on mine, it's pretty uniformly gold. Although I did receive pictures of other 17C boys I was offered with the GHW and they definitely had parts where it looked silver with no gold on it. May be part of the "antiqued" finish.

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/redo-of-my-first-chanel-reveal-cruise-17.954490/

Reactions: Elsa2006

Elsa2006

Nov 24, 2015
It's hard to say because I don't have both bags side by side but it looks very similar to the 17C boy that I have.

The link below is to my reveal thread where I have pictures and they look almost identical.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/redo-of-my-first-chanel-reveal-cruise-17.954490/
The reveal thread post was very helpful, especially being able to see such distinct differences in caviar. I think the my 17A and your 17C caviar are similar--the grains on the 17A appears to be smaller and the leather looks more matte? I think your 17C chain looks uniformly gold than my 17A.

IMG_7621.jpg

Reactions: eatpraylvoe

Elsa2006

Nov 24, 2015
Your HW is AGED gold, not brushed or matte. It's supposed to be distressed. Like the HW on reissues. The 17C was a light aged ghw.
Thanks for clarifying the color of the 17A hardware! The GHW on 17A and 17C are slightly different, is that correct?

Elsa2006

Nov 24, 2015
Sorry, I was thinking of 17P with the light gold. I just looked at some pics again and it looks like same aged gold to me.
I just got an email from Hirshleifers with the same handbag as mine. They are calling the GHW "Antique Gold". Are "Aged Gold" and "Antique Gold" the same thing?

Capture.JPG

Reactions: eatpraylvoe

lallybelle

O.G.
Jan 28, 2009
NYC
I need your expertise on leather please, do you think my 17A leather looks too matte/dull or have you seen this type of caviar before?
Have not seen this particular seasons in person yet, but I think it looks good actually. I didn't like the super shiny 17P.

Angel124ev

O.G.
Jan 5, 2009
Queens
What color is the lining on your 17A boy? The color of the lining on my 17C boy is olive green and I wanted to know if they switched it up this season.