15 Year-Old Kira, Takes On The Fashion World , Helped By Multimillionaire Daddy !

^^^ At least Stella McCartney was chief designer at Chloe before going out on her own, a fact no one here seems to address. She worked her way up. That's the point. Daddy didn't buy her a ready-made business.

And most everyone who has posted seems to agree that this girls 'designs' are not very good, so again the point, why does she DESERVE to be where she is?

Why do you say this? Aren't we allowed to express opinions on how this business developed?

On the contrary- I think this thread would be HUGELY popular and POSITIVE if it was about a 15 year old girl who came from nothing, started sewing all her own clothes, built herself a brand and opened her own stores. Which is what the vast majority of designers do.

you can say whatever you like...i am not advocating for limitations to free speech here.
i simply feel that too much negative light is being shone on the fact that she has money.
You cannot ignore the numbers -- the article is clear to point out that the brand is hugely popular and successful in Russia... I understand that some people are not a fan of her line, but I believe that we are coming from a different target market. This is the basic premise of localization -- what works in one region may not be a direct hit in another.
Sure, she probably used daddy's money to buy store space and all the raw materials...but it would be tough sell if someone were to tell me that she used daddy's money to MAKE everyone buy her products.

Why do you say this? Aren't we allowed to express opinions on how this business developed?

On the contrary- I think this thread would be HUGELY popular and POSITIVE if it was about a 15 year old girl who came from nothing, started sewing all her own clothes, built herself a brand and opened her own stores. Which is what the vast majority of designers do.

I think so too. We've just gotta accept that some people will get the world handed to them, regardless of talent. For all we know there could be girls out there in old Russia who like her designs. Maybe girl's actually got some talent and she's lucky to be born into a filthy rich family who can throw around money at her expense. I mean, if my family was wealthy I'd take advantage of it.

HOWEVER Personally I don't think her designs are good or even mediocre, it looks like a hodgepodge of major designer lines mushed together in the worst way. Designing takes major talent, but anyone can sew a designer patchwork quilt :tdown:

angelicdust, you're correct in saying that daddy's money did not make consumers buy her products. As in my last post, this was shown to be obvious since her company did not succeed whatsoever here in the good ol' US of A.

evilvietgirl, I agree with you also. Some people's families are never going to teach their children how to stand on their own two feet. My family is well-off too (of course, not multi-bazillionaires like her daddy though :P), but my parents still make me have a job to pay for the things I want to have (i.e. nice purses!!!!) and the things I want to do (i.e. spring break vacations, eating sushi everyday, going to clubs, etc.). So, I think why people are "criticizing" her for the use of her daddy's money is that it is not an effective, positive way in raising your child. Even Ivanka ***** has to work her butt off for her dad to earn her position, wealth, and power. It's okay for parents to jump-start their children's futures (like paying for college tuition, which is what my parents and many others' do), so maybe the dad should have said, "Hey, how about I pay for you to go to fashion school. Then, you can get an internship with a designer and work your way up!"

The bottom line is, most people here think her designs are :throwup: I'm sure a few of us have seen better or know someone who can design much better than this, but just do not have the startup capital like she did.

I mean, take Paris Hilton for example. Do you really think she can sing? Or do you think that her money helped her start up her own "record label," Heiress Records. This, in turn, allowed her to do whatever she pleased to showcase her "talent." Or lack of...

Yeah... we wouldn't be hearing about her if it wasn't for her rich daddy. That's why she didn't succeed here in the US, etc etc. Give her some slack, at least she tried.
But shouldn't the fashion industry save some space for those with ACTUAL talent?
Just my two cents.

(P.S. Stella McCartney is a dif. story, I think that she actually has talent and what she did with Chloe for a few years was MAGNIFICENT.)

Last edited:
Stella Mccartney is in a totally other hemisphere. She exudes orginality from her seams, fabrics and designs. Now as for the 15 year old I can name 10 deisgners that these designs look to be inspired by. But designers copy from each other but she probably to it to another level since as a young girl, she is very impressionable, It is obvious she has been inspired by high design to come into this field at such a young age. Maybe in a few years all the snags would be worked out and she will come into her own. Every known designer has harsh critiques when they start. Remember how Lamb by Gwen Stefani was laughed at by some? As for her money it gives her publicity, but I think few are swayed purchase because of this.