04 White City- HELP CLEANING IT!

She won't take returns.. I already asked. I've decided to just take it and see what I can do with it. Maybe I'll re-sell. The only bright side to it that I can see is.. if I keep it, at least I won't have to baby it? lol I'm trying to stay positive.

Well- I really think you should see if the yellowing will come out- b/c if it's not then you're stuck with a yellowish bag! You did say it is really yellow- right?

hmm... well she seems to have the reins doesnt she? uncool...

if an item is misrepresented, i think you can use that as leverage through paypal to get your money back. but i'm not sure, i havent had to do that before... i've heard it can be a tough process.

i think you should take it to be cleaned seeing as its the only option right now, but then have the bill sent to the seller

Kattie...I'm so sorry about this!!! I shouldn't have been such an enabler!!! lol If you're planning on selling it anyways...and you're a little gutsy..maybe try magic eraser? It will dry out the leather so you need to have some conditioner on hand, but I know on LVs when they have those dirted handles it really cleans them up real well. Since it's a white bag you won't have to worry about it taking out any of the color. I have no clue why I'm writing this to you when I just sent you a PM. Good luck girl I hope it works. I'm currently trying to clean up the handles on my orange...will let you know if I can get it out cause it might help for your white too?

Ohhh and the AG...don't use too much of it!!! I posted about this before but it yellowed my ivory first. It worked great at first then I thought it would work wonders if I just kept on applying it, but it just made it really yellow after a while. I think it's because the older leather is much more soft and absorbs more easily plus the AG has a bit of a yellow-y tinge. Take some water and wipe it out. Let it dry and do it a few times. See if that helps? Then maybe think about the magic eraser.

P.S. Take the $100 and sell it ;)

^^^ That's probably a good idea...if you send it to one of the really good places and they can refurbish it, you will have a real collector's item (love that silver hardware!)

Hey guys :smile:

I'm now at my friend's house, mooching off her internet! hahah

Anyway: AN UPDATE!

1. Got the refund. Yay. $100.... so it's now $700 that I paid.
2. Tried the magic eraser and.. wow, that stuff works! It made it a lot cleaner, though it is still yellow-y.
3. Put the appleguarde conditioner on because I could feel that the leather was REALLY dry.... and now it's back to it's original yellow. BOO!

I'm looking into sending the bag to lovinmybags.com (something like that, hehe it was recommended here, I think!) or taking it to the place that chaussurewhore recommended..

I don't know if I'll sell it anymore. I kind of like the fact that it is not stark white... but then again, I love my black VERY black and my white VERY white.. so I don't know. I'm very indecisive, heheh..

Thanks so much for all your help & support.

Loganz: I will still try to post pictures up for you!