0.25ct Solitaire Pear or Round pendant???

missD

O.G.
May 29, 2006
Hi ladies,

My wedding anniversary is Dec 19th and I'm aching for NEW BLING!

Initially I wanted a 2.5-3mm beadset 1/2 diamond eternity band but hubby said NO because for my wedding gift last year, he bought be a Cartier Love Ring. He's like "NO MORE RINGS!!!" (said in a loving tone, of course).

So it came to pendants, I never really had a nice everyday pendant. I've always had a fear that I would rip the chain and it'll go flying off somewhere.

Right now, I have a solitaire 1.17 ROUND pendantin white gold - I don't wear this everyday because it's just too over the top for me. This is a heirloom piece, that's been passed down so I don't feel wearing it everyday for the risk of loss. I pull it out only on special occasions.

While at Tiffany's 3 weeks ago, I tried on .25ct round brilliant and it was PERFECT! Dainty and still sparkly. That was a great "everyday" carat weight/size for me - for rounds at least.

My question is, everything I have now is a round brilliant, and I'm loving the pear cut because it's so romantic to me. BUT is a 0.25ct pear cut diamond going to have enough or equal presence?

Jamesallen.com has preset rounds and pears in both .25ct. I'm just NOT sure...I love the uniqueness of the pear but I don't want it to face up small......

They also have preset pears in G/H and H/I color ---- do pears show color more than rounds?

Pear:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond-jewelry/diamond-solitaire/pendant/item_83-8117.asp

Round:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond-jewelry/diamond-solitaire/pendant/item_83-7909.asp

Please let me know what you think! :graucho:

Swanky posted a great size reference chart that you can print off and see how large/small the stone will be. That would give you some idea.

Are you sure you can't work your feminine wiles to get the channel band???!!!

Hahahaha I don't think so! Maybe next year! He said, "you only have 10 fingers and you're now wearing 4 rings on a daily basis!!!! No more! You're gonna start looking like a crazy old women with too much jewelry!"

Right now I wear my e-ring, 2mm plat wedding band, 1.7mm .30ct diamond spacer band (all this on my 'ring' finger) and a Cartier Love ring on my right hand ring finger.

My reasoning for wanting a 3mm bead set 1/2 eternity is I don't always want to wear my e-ring daily and just need something substantial in size. In Asia, girls don't wear their e-rings on a daily basis you see.

Thanks for the opinions. Do you think it would be overkill to have 2 round pendants plus 1 e-ring that's round as well? Also I have 1ctw round earrings too.

I like both. However, I never thought pears look sexy between the collar bone before. That's interesting!!!

I wish I could compare sizes in person, I'll be buying it from JamesAllen.com so I'm just going to hope for the best whatever I choose!

Anyone have a pear pendant?