Plasma TV Owners please help!

bijou

O.G.
Feb 21, 2006
I want to get my dad a plasma TV for Christmas. I was wondering if plasma tvs were a lot better than projection tvs? Televisions

Also, what brand would you recommend? What specifics should I look for when purchasing it?

Would I be able to find the best deal during Thanksgiving??

Thanks for any help!

in my opinion a plasma is better than projection ... projection is only good if you want a cinema effect, as thats how big they are. and u need to spend good money to get a REALLY clear picture.. i think plazmas are nicer and sleeker looking. we have both a plasma and projector.. i think phillips is great for plasmas..

umm i dont knwo wat sizze it is.. im going to say 52... (its my parents's so they picked it bought it etc)

i think that the size we have is mroe than enough. that being said it depends on the size of the room too

I also think that Plasma are better than projection TVs. My aunt & uncle who live in Virginia have both. They've got a plasma in their living and bedrooms, and a projector in their theater room. The projection screen is SOOOOO big, and the picture isn't as clear as it is on the Plasma TV.

They've got a Sony plasma TV

i work at best buy and my favorite tv that we sell is the Pioneer 50" plasma - the thing is truly gorgeous, better by leaps and bounds than the other ones we sell. i believe it also comes in a 40something" version.

We have a 55" Hitachi Cinema plasma in our family room. It is AWESOME!! Very bright and clear!!

Upstairs in our Theater Room we have a 73" DLP Diamond Series Mitsubishi widescreen with a High-Def., blue ray, and HD DVD going into it...and the picture quality is AMAZING!!! :yahoo:

Very detailed, clear, bright...and the size is GREAT!! We wanted to have a sizable TV for our Theater room, but also have the clarity (which was #1). So w/ the high def. feed and it being DLP we were able to have a very clear, detailed picture. Which with a projection TV that size wouldn't be as clear.

Btw, Keep in mind that the best tv picture is only as good as it's source signal.

Good Luck!!;)

i work at best buy and my favorite tv that we sell is the Pioneer 50" plasma - the thing is truly gorgeous, better by leaps and bounds than the other ones we sell. i believe it also comes in a 40something" version.

They had a Pioneer Plasma at the PX here in Weurzburg a few weeks ago when we bought our Sony TV, and I kept trying to convince mom to buy it. But no suck luck!

They were showing a Sponge Bob DVD on it, and I felt like I was in Bikini Bottom with Spongebob, lol. One little kid even tried to put his hand in it to touch sponge bob!

My cousin has a projection one in his basement.. again like everyone said, its better for bigger pictures, but for clarity, sony plasmas.

Plasma has a better picture, but LCD will last longer. My hubby is an electronics junkie and LCD is all he would buy. He turned his nose up at Plasma.