Is Dior cheaper outside the U.S.?

Sep 6, 2006
My brother is going to Beijing next week and I was wondering if I should have him bring me back a bag or if I am better off just buying it here in the U.S.
I, of course, would send him to one of the Dior boutiques there.

Thanks in advance :flowers:

i think its cheaper in US. I live in Aus, and the prices are more expensive than the US price ( like additional $200au+) I also heard that china, like the rest of asian countries sell designer items for much higher price than us and france etc..
hope this helps:smile:

Dior bags in Europe is a lot cheaper for tourists because you don't have to pay the 11-13% tax. Purchasing designer bags in Hong Kong can save you a few hundred as well because it's duty free. However, each region may have different styles. I got my Dior sling in Italy and couldn't find the same bag in the U.S.

Thank you diorlover. If I can tear him away from his girlfriend long enough to go shopping I might get a bag. She isn't into purses, so hopefully they don't mind a quick pitstop into the store.

MorningGlory .. always try european boutiques, paris particularly, prices are cheaper + tax off + quite cheap shipping ...

i never buy Dior goodies from here,always order from Paris + sometimes i get free mini goodies EVEN THOUGH my order is one bag or a pair of shoes :smile:

I was over in the US in July and I couldn't BELIEVE the prices of Dior jewellery! They had sale pieces for like $300 that I bought for the equivelant of $100 when they were just out over here!

I was over in the US in July and I couldn't BELIEVE the prices of Dior jewellery! They had sale pieces for like $300 that I bought for the equivelant of $100 when they were just out over here!

Wow! That is a big difference. I was just looking at the French online boutique and I was surprised that the prices of their jewelry would be so different. I'll have to consider what I want to get before I call.
Thanks for that heads-up on the jewelry _x13