Is Dior cheaper outside the U.S.?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. My brother is going to Beijing next week and I was wondering if I should have him bring me back a bag or if I am better off just buying it here in the U.S.
    I, of course, would send him to one of the Dior boutiques there.

Thanks in advance :flowers:

2. It's cheaper here. However, if he goes to a duty free store there, he should be able to buy it tax free...and sometimes they have sales.

3. Thank you so much! I will have him look in the duty-free store while he is there.

4. i think its cheaper in US. I live in Aus, and the prices are more expensive than the US price ( like additional $200au+) I also heard that china, like the rest of asian countries sell designer items for much higher price than us and france etc..
    hope this helps:smile:

5. Yes it does SuSu Kim, thank you!

6. Dior bags in Europe is a lot cheaper for tourists because you don't have to pay the 11-13% tax. Purchasing designer bags in Hong Kong can save you a few hundred as well because it's duty free. However, each region may have different styles. I got my Dior sling in Italy and couldn't find the same bag in the U.S.

7. I'll have him check while he is there. Hopefully there will be a good deal on something I want LOL
    Thanks for all of the responses.

8. Yeah, luxury goods are cheaper in Hong Kong. I bought the logo saddle bag for US 700 there. On elux, i think it is 800+

9. Thank you diorlover. If I can tear him away from his girlfriend long enough to go shopping I might get a bag. She isn't into purses, so hopefully they don't mind a quick pitstop into the store.

10. MorningGlory .. always try european boutiques, paris particularly, prices are cheaper + tax off + quite cheap shipping ...

i never buy Dior goodies from here,always order from Paris + sometimes i get free mini goodies EVEN THOUGH my order is one bag or a pair of shoes :smile:

11. I was over in the US in July and I couldn't BELIEVE the prices of Dior jewellery! They had sale pieces for like $300 that I bought for the equivelant of $100 when they were just out over here!

12. I always thought the Customs tax would make it about even, so I never really thought about doing that. Thank you Chloe!

13. Wow! That is a big difference. I was just looking at the French online boutique and I was surprised that the prices of their jewelry would be so different. I'll have to consider what I want to get before I call.
    Thanks for that heads-up on the jewelry _x13

14. Ops .. didnt know about it ... good luck with ur next purchase:yahoo:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice