Have you ever felt awkward carrying an LV?

You know what Troya, don't feel bad at all. If you have the means to, without the worry of living expenses, I say buy whatever you want. You shouldn't appologize to anyone or feel bad for having a family that makes sure you're taken care of. I used to have to hear it all the time from my ex about how his "parents don't pay for [his] car, etc. the way your parents pay for your car..." Well you know what, that's why he's my ex. I can't help it if my parents pay for my living, and car, etc, and you can't either. Anyone who is openly talking sh*t about your ability to spend how you like is just jealous, and is TRYING to make you feel bad. Don't let them get the best of your excitement over what you own. I don't care what anyone says about my lovely Louis, I carry it proudly wherever I go because I worked hard for it, Best of all, I love it when they say "I would never pay that much for a purse" or "what a waste of money", it just reminds me of what it's worth to me :heart: and that's all that really matters.

First of all, what a low class shmuck that guy was to draw so much attention to you, what's up with him?! It's not like you put your nice things in people's faces!...I think he has issues, jealousy? for one. Secondly, you shouldn't feel awkward about having nice things. Everyone makes choices in life, some choose to have a family, attain mortgages, car loans, and some choose to enjoy their single life and the finer things that life has to offer. They shouldn't make you feel awkward and embarrassed because of THEIR choices!

Best of all, I love it when they say "I would never pay that much for a purse" or "what a waste of money", it just reminds me of what it's worth to me :heart: and that's all that really matters.

Agreed!! My friend said that and then i thought.. well look, you spend $60 on a single video game, and buy about 2 new games every month, then another $600 on the xbox 360, and he's planning on getting the PSX when it comes out, which is around the same price. He also spends around $10 every month on renting games. He plays them for a few weeks and then tosses them aside (he has over 100 games), while I use my bag everyday! :wlae:

Troya-- LOL I am totally in your boat! My parents pay for all of my living expenses except gas and my fiancee gives me a generous allowance every month ( I am a full time student)

Because of this, I can afford some luxury items...I do feel like some of the people in my classes and others around me view me as spoiled. Its kinda downer thinking of that, but the people who are looking at me like that might just be envious...whatever. Don't sweat it!

Just be a good all around person and the brand of bag ur carrying shouldn't matter:smile:

I think pursemama and SpoyldBrat hit the nail on the head. We all make choices. It's not fair for other people to think their priorities are more important or better choices or the right choices.

I understand exactly what you mean. I have worked in places with people that do not have the ability to spend like I do, and I've felt badly about it. I only hope that it was more in my head and that they didn't really notice.

I actually felt funny this weekend with my group of oldest friends. I don't see them often and we all went to brunch while we were in our home town for the weekend. They were all discussing their awful jobs and bad pay. I didn't even think about my new bag I was carrying, which I just purchased with a bonus check I received. Then we went back to one of their houses, where my friends mother fawned over my bag for about half an hour- and even asked how much it cost! She didn't mean it to be offensive, but I felt bad that my friends were all just sitting there watching as I showed it off. I hope they can be happy for me, and that they are able to buy anything they may want in the future!

sometimes when i'm with my less fortunate friends... i feel guilty for toting around expensive bags. but you know... you should carry/wear/do whatever makes you happy as long as you're not being offensive/%$#@ about it. not everyone can have the same things in life and have the same standard of living unfortunately.

I was at an in-service today, a teacher whom I am friendly with, sat at my table. She made a big deal about putting her faux LV bucket on the floor because she did not want it to be compared to my authentic bag. I carried Papillion 30 today. I told her I would never "out" her bag as faux as that would be rude. She then went on to say I can buy bags and such because I do not have children and I live at home. I do not live at home. I just live in a home on the same street as my parents' house because they happen to own it and the rent is free!

My colleagues don't purposefully make me feel bad, but some do. I have one colleague who likes to constantly ask if my bags are real, and another with whom I commisserate about obsessing over bags--she's not into Louis Vuitton, but she does buy some uber cute purses.

I think I am going to buy a Daimer soon since before I was not a LV fan untill I met you girls. BTW, one thing I may concern is whether I will be categorised as a material girl, since I do like designer stuff. On the daily basis I wear Chanel neclace, Burberry coat but those are still low-key until carrying a LV purse??

I think I am going to buy a Damier soon since before I was not a LV fan untill I met you girls. BTW, one thing I may concern is whether I will be categorised as a material girl, since I do like designer stuff. On the daily basis I wear Chanel neclace, Burberry coat but those are still low-key until carrying a LV purse??