Any Canadian bought from BH Miu Miu?? custom question

Hey there,

I bought my bag at a Saks store in Florida around July of last year. Let me give you the breakdown of my costs:
So the bag was $1195. Shipping cost was $35 flat fee. The customs cost was $83, GST $63, PST $101.

I needed this bag, and at the time the bow bag was nowhere in sight in Canada. Soo I just had to get it this way. I'm not too sure if its available in Canada now. I have seen one at Holts at bloor st at one point. But then again Holts doesn't really go out of their way to help you get the bag you want...

Hope this info helps

Hey there,

I bought my bag at a Saks store in Florida around July of last year. Let me give you the breakdown of my costs:
So the bag was $1195. Shipping cost was $35 flat fee. The customs cost was $83, GST $63, PST $101.

I needed this bag, and at the time the bow bag was nowhere in sight in Canada. Soo I just had to get it this way. I'm not too sure if its available in Canada now. I have seen one at Holts at bloor st at one point. But then again Holts doesn't really go out of their way to help you get the bag you want...

Hope this info helps

Thanks - did saks ship thru UPS or Fedex?

oh btw, Miu Miu will only be carried at their boutiques now, so Holts/Saks/NM will no longer carry them.............. :cursing:

PS: LOVE YOUR BOW!!! I think that will be the next one I want to get!

Oh really! I didn't know that.
But yes Saks did ship it through FedEx.
Good luck finding your bow. I hope it wont be too difficult.

Thanks - did saks ship thru UPS or Fedex?

oh btw, Miu Miu will only be carried at their boutiques now, so Holts/Saks/NM will no longer carry them.............. :cursing:

PS: LOVE YOUR BOW!!! I think that will be the next one I want to get!

I didn't buy from SAKS, but I did buy an Alexander Mcqueen bag from the US a month back. If it's possible, ask them to ship through USPS. It'll save you a lot in customs. My bag was ~$690 US, and I only had to pay $40 in customs because I went through USPS. They have an agreement with Canada Post to handle each other's mail :smile:

Hi Ladies - thank you for your response... I have done some research and found a little trick to avoid the high brokerage feed at UPS/Fedex:

Now how do you avoid paying UPS’s brokerage fee’s? In the meantime, if you have an item on the way via UPS and want to avoid brokerage fees, get the tracking number from the seller, call UPS, and tell them you want to broker it yourself. When the item arrives, pick up the waybill and paperwork from UPS, Head over to your local Canada Customs (usually near by), they’ll process it, stamp the forms, and you can return to UPS and pick up your package.
Quick List of What you will Need:

1. WayBill
  2. Invoice of Goods (to prove the value of your delivery)
  3. Some ID
  4. Don’t Forget Money ( You will still need to pay tax/duty charges)
Thats it now you can avoid UPS’s brokerage fee and bond fee… and whatever else they tack on. Get all your paperwork stamped at customs, head back to UPS show them and away you go. Do not wait until UPS delivers your package to you! Also, make sure your seller knows that the declared value is ONLY the amount you paid for the item (not including shipping), and take your proof of the amount you paid with you to ensure you aren’t overcharged on duty and taxes by Canada Customs.

Here is a link to it (look to the bottom of article):
http://www.sbncanada.com/blog/canadian-brokerage-fees/

I know it is a bit of work - but it is kinda worth it for a $1000 bag, which will end up with $80 of Brokerage fee alone!

I think I am going to try this when I purchase from BH Miu Miu.... and let you know how would that go....