Trivia question!

I don't know but I would love to!
I suppose black was one of the original colors, and I will guess grey since these were the colors released for the 50th anniversary:shrugs:
I'd love to know how much the original one cost. I am sure it was a mere fraction of what we pay these days:smile:

i'm guessing black, white, and grey too since these were the colors released for the anniversary editions. i would love to know how much chanel retailed for back in the day.

Well, I have contacted Chanel with the questions

I am also contacting Bergdorf since I know they sold them at the very beginning.

Henry Bendel may also have had them early on.

I got my first flap in ..........don't faint ladies..........1957 as a present from my father while on a trip to N.Y. from my native country..........
He never told me the price for it, but I know it was quite expensive for the times.
Hope someone can fill in the blanks......:heart:H

I am also contacting Bergdorf since I know they sold them at the very beginning.

I got my first flap in ..........don't faint ladies..........1957 as a present from my father while on a trip to N.Y. from my native country..........
He never told me the price for it, but I know it was quite expensive for the times.

Wow, do you still have that flap?

I got my first flap in ..........don't faint ladies..........1957 as a present from my father while on a trip to N.Y. from my native country..........He never told me the price for it, but I know it was quite expensive for the times.

C, can you recall how closely it resembled the 2.55 today? Was it exactly the same? What size was it?