Trivia question!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Does anyone know the price of the first Chanel 2.55 back in 02/1955

And does anyone know the first colors?

:heart:H

2. I don't know but I would love to!
    I suppose black was one of the original colors, and I will guess grey since these were the colors released for the 50th anniversary:shrugs:
    I'd love to know how much the original one cost. I am sure it was a mere fraction of what we pay these days:smile:

3. I think there's a thread about this... Let me see if I can find it

4. Oh me and my grandmother were talking about this the other day..my grandads average wage was £8 a week so I'd love to know how much a Chanel was then!

5. ^ Prob. $400 or so... I dont know, I would love to know too...colors I'm guessing black and then grey.

6. i'm guessing black, white, and grey too since these were the colors released for the anniversary editions. i would love to know how much chanel retailed for back in the day.

7. Does the person who gets the answer win a Chanel trinket or a big jar of jelly beans?

8. hehehehe...:lol:

9. I'm curious too. I looked for over an hour on google and came up with zilch!

10. Well, I have contacted Chanel with the questions

I am also contacting Bergdorf since I know they sold them at the very beginning.

Henry Bendel may also have had them early on.

I got my first flap in ..........don't faint ladies..........1957 as a present from my father while on a trip to N.Y. from my native country..........
    He never told me the price for it, but I know it was quite expensive for the times.
    Hope someone can fill in the blanks......:heart:H

11. Wow, do you still have that flap?

12. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:No, unfortunately had to leave it behind together with everything else.........in 1960 .....:heart:H

13. Oh wow! I hope it went to a loving lady who takes great care of it :yes:

14. C, can you recall how closely it resembled the 2.55 today? Was it exactly the same? What size was it?