Extending the City Strap... Yay or Nay?

Crazy4Handbags

Broccoli, yum!
O.G.
May 1, 2008
Hi Bbag gals and boyz!

I LOVE my Rouge Theatre City. It's my one and only Bbag and I love it to death!

But I find the shoulder strap to be too short to be worn cross-body.
So, I tried attaching a chain extender to it so it's more comfy for cross-body wear.
What are your thoughts/ feelings about extending the City strap?

3229128429_0cece94fe4.jpg
3229128471_bcffcb7cbb.jpg

I say whatever works for you. I would be afraid of the chain snagging on my clothing, but if it doesn't and you like to wear it cross body, I say go for it.

i say do whatever makes you happy and love your bag! i've even seen people use scarves to make their bag strap longer... congrats on your RT City! that is an HG for a lot of people and yours looks great :tup:

I like your idea of the chain. But is it strong enough so the chain won't break?

Here are a few pics of what I did.
I got 2 of those little extender things, and attached 1 on each side.
They're really strong and won't break.

I just got my first Bbag, so I'm still experimenting with it, but I needed to wear it messenger style over my coat today, so I attached these extenders.

BBAGEXTENDED.jpg

BBAGEXTENDED2.jpg

i say do whatever makes you happy and love your bag! i've even seen people use scarves to make their bag strap longer... congrats on your RT City! that is an HG for a lot of people and yours looks great :tup:

Thanks, Nicole! When I first discovered Bbags, I knew I had to get Ms. RT, that I would hold off on all bag buying and sell a few in my collection to get her. When I found her at a canadian website, I knew she was the ONE.
Wow, melodramatic, anyone?

Scarves... another good idea!

Salma, where did you get these? Do they extend far enough to be worn cross-body? They *do* look strong!

My chain links are welded together, or at least that's what the seller advertised.

Salma, where did you get these? Do they extend far enough to be worn cross-body? They *do* look strong!

My chain links are welded together, or at least that's what the seller advertised.

You can buy these at any hardware store, check Home Depot. :smile:
But they are pretty strong.

At first I only attached 1 on one side, and it was enough to wear cross body, but once I added 1 on each side, wow...huge difference!
I wore it cross body over my big winter coat to work today! It worked great!

I never thought they would make all that much difference, but really it does!
Oh and in case you are interested, they come in different color metals, so you can get brass ones or silver tone like I got.

Last edited: