Chloe Bag - a few problems

Hi there

My boyfriend bought me a Chloe Paddington about 2 years ago. He bought it from a shop in Richmond, Surrey, England which has now gone.

I am sure that the bag is real, but the padlock has fallen off and broken (the lock wont work and keeps coming open) and even the semi-circle ring that the padlock clips on to has now fallen off. Does anyone know of a shop where I could get it repaired. I live in Epsom, Surrey.

I dont think I can go back to Chloe as the bag is 2 years old, but I do think this is a bit much considering how much the bag cost!

Many thanks,

Rebecca

^^ Hi - its unusual for the padlock to break and also the 'u'. I wonder - is it possible for you to post some photos of the paddy - just so I can have a look at the damage? Actually would be good to see the bottom of the padlock itself -

If you can post images - you can upload them here - but they must be too large. Hopefully we can check the bag - and see if its ok - and also the damage and colour to determine what padlock you would require to match in.

It would be possible for you to go to Chloe with this - however, you need to be certain the bag is authentic before you do that - as if it isn't they are within their rights to confiscate the paddy - as it breaches copyright and is a Trademark infringement. Thats why it would be good if we could check her out first for you.

God I hope the bag is real as I saw the receipt for a little under £1000 and it was sold from a very posh shop in Richmond! The padlock is at home but I have just taken a couple of pictures of the bag itself and emailed them to myself so I will post them up ASAP. I did use the bag every day quite solidily, so it was well used! Thanks!

God I hope the bag is real as I saw the receipt for a little under £1000 and it was sold from a very posh shop in Richmond! The padlock is at home but I have just taken a couple of pictures of the bag itself and emailed them to myself so I will post them up ASAP. I did use the bag every day quite solidily, so it was well used! Thanks!

rebeccapoppy - Hi - if you have a problem uploading the photos - you can pop them into a Photobucket Album and then post the link here. - www.photobucket.com - its free.

The padlocks can break - and in fact - there is a 'fix' for the padlock - i.e., if its not locking or not staying locked - so that is fixable. However, if the 'u' has detached, then thats immaterial, as you don't have anything to fasten it to. I wouldn't expect the 'u' to break - as it should be able to withstand every day use without any problem. However, without seeing the bag its not possible to determine - and I think thats the best thing - we do that - and then try and point you in the right direction for a repair.