Mercedes GLK - 2009

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
I know there have been so many car threads lately... but I just couldn't help it. A friend of mine knew that starting this May I am going to start looking for a new vehicle. My BMW is currently on a lease and I knew I wasn't going to buy it out... with my career and everything, it's just better for me to lease my cars anyways. But, considering that I am looking at buying a condo in the next few weeks and I'm not sure where life may take me... I decided that I may want a compact SUV and possibly to buy this time. My friend, he sent me a picture of the new Mercedes GLK... and I am absolutely IN LOVE.

GLK-Class_Wallpaper_04_1024x768.jpg

I just did a calculation on a lease option and it is very compariable to what I am paying right now with my 3 series... They say they're coming to Canada in early 2009 but I wonder when!

From the commercial that I saw for it the other night, it seems like it'll be very reasonably priced - it said it started in the low 30's, and that's not quite what I paid for my 4Runner in 2004 (admittedly, my 4Runner has lots of options added). I think that's an excellent price point.

I agree. And the 4matic option starts at 41,000 (I can only build a 4matic online right now).

But if this really does start in low 30's that is cheaper than my car right now! And I have a sedan! And for options, I'd probably only look at getting a premium package 3200ish(automatic, sunroof, etc) and a navigation package which is usually around 1300ish. So this could easily go for under 40k and still cheaper than my car.

I'm really really excited about this.

That is one d@mn good looking car ... but I'll keep on resisting even though my car is almost 9 years old because it's paid off ... I like having no car expense and I guess that means more money for bags and other goodies!

i was super excited at the prospect of a $33k mercedes SUV since i was eyeing the m class for the longest time. but when i saw the pictures, it kind of reminded me of a station wagon *sigh*

a mercedes dealership is going to open up here soon. i hope seeing it IRL will make me change my mind.

I agree. And the 4matic option starts at 41,000 (I can only build a 4matic online right now).

But if this really does start in low 30's that is cheaper than my car right now! And I have a sedan! And for options, I'd probably only look at getting a premium package 3200ish(automatic, sunroof, etc) and a navigation package which is usually around 1300ish. So this could easily go for under 40k and still cheaper than my car.

I'm really really excited about this.

WOW - that is super cheap!! I could have sworn this guy I briefly met in the lower mainland had one of those...are you sure they're not in Canada yet? Post pics when you get one!! I probably won't buy something for another couple of years or so...but you may have swayed this porsche girl :drool: