LV Speedy 30 or 40? I like the look of the 30 +++

dblaze

Dec 1, 2007
but I am definitely a "big bag" girl. However, the proportions of the 40 look a bit off to me. Anyone have or seen both and have a preference?
Thanks!
Diane

P.S. I have the 30 in the Takashi Murakami white color, so this one is just the regular brown canvas.

Thoughts??? Thanks! XOXO

I just purchased a damier ebony speedy 30! And I'm in love with size! I also tried the 35 and although it's more bang for my buck, it's huge, huge!!!! It reminds me of a small carry-on or gym bag. It really depends on your style and taste. The 30 is just more practical.

Why not take the size in between: the 35?
I have the mono 35 and damier 30. While I love my damier, now I prefer the 35 because I can fit all my stuff so easily inside and have room to spare.
I'm 160cm and don't think it's too big on me.

Thank you ALL for your insight! As I was looking around more, I saw the 35 and wondered if it might be a perfect compromise?! I am 5'9" tall and generally prefer larger bags, but I don't want to "mess with" the perfect proportions of the 30. The 40 does remind me of carryon luggage or a tote - is the 35 the way to go? Does it retain the proportion of the 30 well enough, yet still look like a handbag, not a totebag? Or should I just go with the tried and true 30??? Thank you all so much! :smile: Diane

i love big bags and i have the 35 and LOVE IT!!!!!

30 was too small for me. i think the 40 would look a little too much like a travel bag.

i love big bags and i have the 35 and LOVE IT!!!!!

30 was too small for me. i think the 40 would look a little too much like a travel bag.
:yes:

I had a 30 and it was a little too small for me. I bought a 40 just to have and it is like a carry on or over night type bag IMO. Not really an everyday handbag at all. It's pretty big.

I sold my 30, got the 35 and it is *perfect*.

I am a big bag girl myself and the 35 is just what I wanted. Not too small not too big..just right :tup:

I recently had a dilemma between the 35 and the 40 because I was unsure which one would give me the "big bag" look. I ended up getting the 40. For reference I am 5'1'' and a size 16.

guess3.jpg

guess2.jpg

guess4.jpg

I like a considerable amount of sag for my speedy, so if you don't then I suggest the 35. :smile: