Food Anyone else a grazer?

Jan 28, 2007
Does anyone prefer to "graze" throughout the day rather than have 3 full-blown meals? My ideal meal would be a tapas style, lots of variety and tastes to choose from and in small portions. I find it very difficult to make it through a traditional meal, lol. I'm much more content with lots of variety, smaller portions, etc.

I would prefer to do that, but I eat 3 meals in the interest of convenience. I usually get tired of food after a few bites....after that, finishing it is just an obligation.

I'm not but DD is. Ever since she was a bitty baby, she never liked the feeling of her tummy being too full. She's that way to this day at 16. I'd guess on a day that she's home all day, she eats 6-7 small meals and it's totally normal for her.

Since I started working out again last August, my metabolism has revved up and I find myself grazing about 5-6 times at day. I actually prefer it to the 3 meals a day because I don't like to feel too full after eating and this way I can nosh on things that I like and more frequently!:P

I would prefer to do that, but I eat 3 meals in the interest of convenience. I usually get tired of food after a few bites....after that, finishing it is just an obligation.

That's just like me. I actually chuckled when I read this because it could've been written by me.

But anyway, I'm a total nibbler/grazer and some of my favorite meals are tasting menus, spanish tapas, chinese dim sum and japanese izakaya.

Yep Im a grazer!

I always have to have something to munch on, just small things throughout the day. I just cant finish big meals, and people who dont know my eating habits get angry and say 'you dont eat!'. Which really pisses me off!!

The truth is I eat more than my husband who skips breakfast and lunch most days because he is too damn busy!!

Plus, its also better for me to eat throughout the day because I get low blood sugar.

Yep Im a grazer!

I always have to have something to munch on, just small things throughout the day. I just cant finish big meals, and people who dont know my eating habits get angry and say 'you dont eat!'. Which really pisses me off!!

The truth is I eat more than my husband who skips breakfast and lunch most days because he is too damn busy!!

Plus, its also better for me to eat throughout the day because I get low blood sugar.

oh my gosh girlfriend, over here too!! but i don't get mad. the trick is that when you eat out w/people, just look like there's always something in your mouth and keep on chewing:P or just explain to them that you cannot eat a large meal at one sitting. i totally understand where you're coming from when you say that you eat more than your husband! i for one here, eat almost more than my DBF in a day too:rolleyes: