HELP with removing pen marks

eisse

O.G.
Aug 1, 2006
Does anyone know what to use to get rid of some pen marks?:s I read on another thread that they used Mr. Clean magic eraser! any advice and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. Clean works, but I would only use it gently and briefly as it can take the color from the leather off. I've used it to remove permanent marker. I've heard baby wipes and leather cleaner too.

The Mr. Clean eraser will leave a dull mark on the leather. I used it on a vintage Bottega Veneta, and I about had an attack. The stain (not ink) was gone, but I could see how uneven the sheen of the leather was afterwards.

I just used Apple Care cleaner for a pen mark on a lighter colored bag and it is almost gone. I think I'll be able to get it out completely over time, but I'm going to give her a rest and lots of conditioning. ;)

I second the apple care cleaner. My father works with leather and says that rubbing alcohol also works but you have to be very careful to not take the finish off.

He also mentioned that vaseline could do the trick too.

Mr. Clean works, but I would only use it gently and briefly as it can take the color from the leather off. I've used it to remove permanent marker. I've heard baby wipes and leather cleaner too.

funny you mention baby wipes... i use them for everything. those things work wonders! and they're supposely "gentle" for your baby's tooshie. uh-huh!