Charity Auction for Selma Blair's Venetia

Cheryl24

May 6, 2006
It is going to be really interesting to see what these auctions end at. There are still six days left before they end. I saw the red Karolina is over $1000 already. Great cause and I hope that they raise lots of money with the MJ bags on auction!

I think the Venetia Selma is auctioning is actually one of the very first Venetia bags produced. It was one of the first bags made with the silver padlocks, and I remember that yellow lining. Does the auction say if its suede or canvas? If it is an "original" than the price might go pretty high, especially since it comes with a note from the celebrity owner

Something strange happened with the red MJ bag from Jamie Spears. I could have sworn that the bidding was up to $1350 or something and now it is back down to $750??

Yes, I agree that Selma's bag will go for a lot. Have you guys looked at some of the other auctions. Wow! They are going to raise a TON! So great!

I think the Venetia Selma is auctioning is actually one of the very first Venetia bags produced. It was one of the first bags made with the silver padlocks, and I remember that yellow lining. Does the auction say if its suede or canvas? If it is an "original" than the price might go pretty high, especially since it comes with a note from the celebrity owner
I noticed that too! I think it's the canvas exterior, and trimmed with leather and suede interior. Those are rare! I saw a red one on Ebay a while back but not another since.

Something strange happened with the red MJ bag from Jamie Spears. I could have sworn that the bidding was up to $1350 or something and now it is back down to $750??

I saw that, too! When I last saw the bidding, it was up around $2K. I remember that because I didn't know who Jamie Spears was, and why her handbag would be such a hot item.